SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship

Congrats to the 2020 Tennessee State Champions, Ringer and Dodge City Dixie.

Also, Congrats to Missouri Lefty and Shamrock Sadie for winning overall Men and Lady in the match.

Scores are on the website:

http://wartraceregulators.com/

Category State Champs:

Elder Statesman Duelist – Scrub Oak Willie
Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter – Tyrel Cody
El Patron - Papa Dave
Outlaw – Whiskey Creek Johnson
Senior Gunfighter – Bad Bud Ketchum
Steampunk – Willy Joe
Silver Senior Duelist – Tombstone John
Young Gun Boy – Mustang Lewis
Young Gun Girl – TN Missy
Elder Statesman – Ocoee Red
Ladies Senior – Ricochet Ruthie
Senior – Tennessee Snuffy
Silver Senior - Ringer
Ladies Silver Senior – Dodge City Dixie
B Western - Poncho
Senior Duelist – Cherokee Sargent
Frontier Cartridge - Barkeep Casey
Frontiersman – Bill Carson
Classic Cowgirl – Doc Kay B May
Classic Cowboy – Whiskey Hayes
Gunfighter – Let’s Go
Duelist – Tennessee Williams
Ladies 49'r – Hell On Heels
49'r – Buffalo Trace
Wrangler – Blackfish Kid
Cowboy - Mr. Black
Cowgirl – Trixie Trickshot
Ladies Wrangler – Indy Bootlegger
Silver Senior Gunfighter – Reno Mustang
Josey Wales – Shagbark Steve
Elder Statesman Gunfighter – Grey Horse

Congratulations to all the State Champions and all who were lucky enough to attend! Another great match in the book and I’m sure there’s more too come.

Crawdaddy

Congratulations to Shamrock Sadie & Knot Hardly Dunn for their wins 1st & 2nd Places. See you both soon.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

What an awesome posse!  Of the 15 of us, we had 5 category winners (including Missouri Lefty and Shamrock Sadie) and 4 second place finishers.   Thanks for all the tips and support to a rook like me.

And Arkansas Jack will be a force to contend with before too long! 

It was everything we have come to expect from Wartrace. Always one of my favorite matches. Thanks for all the work you all put into making this one fantastic.

Posse 2 was ran like a well oiled machine despite what the scores say.

A big thank you to all the volunteers who worked hard to set up this match for us. It was only my second time shooting sass as a new member and it was a blast(pun intended)! Also a big shout out to possee 11 that took the time to help a newbie out. I look forward to next year (and getting my name off the last page of results)!

First time for Pinky and myself attending. Absolutely great shoot and venue. Bell Buckle banquet hall also a great venue for dinner and awards. Sorry it took us so long to make the match, but we never intend to miss another!  Thanks to the hard work from all involved in making this a great fun gathering. 

Thanks to Whiskey Hayes, Papa Pave and the entire Wartrace crew for putting on another fun match. Always great to spend time with our friends. This is our third year. If you haven't been to the Reckoning......whaddya waitin fer?

Posse 3 rocked. Thanks Dixie and Reno.

Yep, till all this covid BS we were booked to go too. Damn shame we missed out, but we're not even allowed to leave Australia yet.??

Congratulations to Ringer (me ol mate LOL) & Dodge City Dixie and to all the other winners and placers, as always a great match. 

Hope to catch up with y'all next year.

43 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Yep, till all this covid BS we were booked to go too. Damn shame we missed out, but we're not even allowed to leave Australia yet.??

Congratulations to Ringer (me ol mate LOL) & Dodge City Dixie and to all the other winners and placers, as always a great match. 

Hope to catch up with y'all next year.

Sorry y’all had to miss it. 

Randy

14 hours ago, cumberland drifter said:

Congrats to all the champions. 

MISSED SEEING YOU!!! 

Hugs!!

Scarlett

8 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

What an awesome posse!  Of the 15 of us, we had 5 category winners (including Missouri Lefty and Shamrock Sadie) and 4 second place finishers.   Thanks for all the tips and support to a rook like me.

And Arkansas Jack will be a force to contend with before too long! 

We had a great Posse and you did very well!  Keep coming back and keep having fun!!  This game is so much fun!!  Look forward to seeing you and shooting with you again! 

Big hugs! 

Scarlett

What a great shoot. Honey B and I had a great time. The stages were excellent and challenging just enough to test all your skills. The range is absolutely beautiful for a fall shoot, decorations were top notch and the range was spotless. It made you feel the WTR committee appreciated you were there. To all SASS shooters put this one on your list for 2021. 
Congratulations to all of the winners. 

Smokie and Honey B

Great shooting with you Branchwater Jack. I had a wonderful time and thank you to everyone that worked to make this such a terrific match. I sure hope to be back next year!

On 10/11/2020 at 2:06 PM, Sierra Hombre said:

A big thank you to all the volunteers who worked hard to set up this match for us. It was only my second time shooting sass as a new member and it was a blast(pun intended)! Also a big shout out to possee 11 that took the time to help a newbie out. I look forward to next year (and getting my name off the last page of results)!

Hombre,

It was a pleasure to posse with you!  Even though you had your struggles, you kept smiling and working and moving on.   Most of the cowboys and cowgirls are glad to help a newbie in any way they can.  That is the beauty of our sport.  I hope to shoot with you again some day.. 

MM

My first time shooting there and everyone made me feel like I had been shooting there for years. Got to meet so many wonderful people. My only disappointment is that I did not get to meet Widder face to face. I have talked to him several times on the phone and here on the wire and have a lot of respect for him.  Looking forward to next year when the Doc finally gives him a hall pass.

I was worried due to the way things are this year but the Cowgirls and Cowboys came through. It is with great joy that I can announce we were able to collect $3000 this year. The checks were mailed to the American Cancer Society today.  

Thank you to everyone who was able to donate!!!!!!!

Randy

Papa Dave just sent me a corrected score sheet as there was a problem found. Sorry it happened and glad it is corrected.

"Dungannon Gunner score correction went from 70th over all
to 57th over all. This did not affect his Category standing." 

Thanks
Randy

Match Final Total Time Main Match 10092020.pdf53.5 kB · 0 downloads

On 10/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, Sierra Hombre said:

A big thank you to all the volunteers who worked hard to set up this match for us. 

I second this! Thank you all who made this a memorable shoot.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:12 PM, Sixgun Seamus said:

Thanks to Whiskey Hayes, Papa Pave and the entire Wartrace crew for putting on another fun match.

If this is what the matches are like every year, I have already been looking at the dates for next years TN state 2021!! Even with a little bit of precipitation during the shoot this didn't take anything away from an amazing match out there. 

Got to see some old friends and made plenty of new ones. For sure a bucket list match that I can now cross off the list. Plus I got to redeem my free hug with purchase from Scarlett. 

But I will thank Slater for having ever told me about this match, it was everything I was told and more.

2 hours ago, Green Valley Cowboy said:

If this is what the matches are like every year, I have already been looking at the dates for next years TN state 2021!! Even with a little bit of precipitation during the shoot this didn't take anything away from an amazing match out there. 

Got to see some old friends and made plenty of new ones. For sure a bucket list match that I can now cross off the list. Plus I got to redeem my free hug with purchase from Scarlett. 

But I will thank Slater for having ever told me about this match, it was everything I was told and more.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you but hopefully I can next year, glad you made the trip.

Randy

12 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Sorry I didn't get to meet you but hopefully I can next year, glad you made the trip.

Randy

Not a problem and look forward to meeting you next year. This trip was well worth it and I see many more to come.

Hard to see this ever being the last trip out to Tennessee 

3 hours ago, Green Valley Cowboy said:

They keep getting better every year! Not sure how they can top it next year; but I bet they will.

21 hours ago, Green Valley Cowboy said:

Not a problem and look forward to meeting you next year. This trip was well worth it and I see many more to come.

Hard to see this ever being the last trip out to Tennessee 

Your experience is the experience the Regulators EXPECT!! I don’t know anyone who has shot this match who doesn’t want to come back year after year! - the Range gets better and the match - don’t know how they do it - gets better and better, too!  LOVED meeting you!  Save those coupons... they never expire! :wub:

Big hugs!

Scarlett

On 10/13/2020 at 12:24 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

My first time shooting there and everyone made me feel like I had been shooting there for years. Got to meet so many wonderful people. My only disappointment is that I did not get to meet Widder face to face. I have talked to him several times on the phone and here on the wire and have a lot of respect for him.  Looking forward to next year when the Doc finally gives him a hall pass.

I so enjoyed meeting you and your wife! Loved your enthusiasm at the BP match - the 1865 Spencer was awesome!! Hope to see you again!!  Big hugs!

Scarlett

4 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I so enjoyed meeting you and your wife! Loved your enthusiasm at the BP match - the 1865 Spencer was awesome!! Hope to see you again!!  Big hugs!

Scarlett

Thanks,

I so enjoyed finally getting to meet you and your husband. Looking forward to the next time our paths cross.

Archived