SASS Wire Forum

.22 rimfire target ammo shortage

I shoot in a winter bullseye pistol league and I need to resupply my stash of .22 target ammo. All of my suppliers (local & online) are out. I usually buy 3 or 4 bricks when I find it and it's been about a year and a half since I bought any. Must be this covis crap affecting the supply. 

Here in the PRK, we are entirely out of stock (of everything), or the few in-stock items are priced up.. up.. up...
22LR is scarce here at the big box stores (Sacramento).

I am looking for "Match"grade ammo. The brands you mentioned were nor available at Midway, Cabelas, Natchez, & the others I looked at.

I haven't seen any of the usual .22lr moderately-priced boxes anywhere; they are gone along with everything else.

The one exception is a small store I go to which prices on supply and demand totally. One day .38 spl is 35 bucks per 50,. another day it's $54; and so on.

He has .22 at about $75 dollars for a budget box of 500. He has some in stock!

3 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Midsouth has some , $85 brick for SK.

Norma is also available there.

Natches Shooters Supply has SK and Lapua.

Killough has Eley.

Shortage due to violence but mostly due to the election as most gun owners are afraid of the proposed gun and ammo bans from the democrats which if elected and they do away with the filibuster they can easily pass all the bans they want. They could also then easily pack the USSC or threaten to if the court made any favorable rulings in support of the 2nd Amendment.

The problem got solved in a way I never contemplated. I am a frequent visitor and contributor on a hunting forum. I posted there about the .22 ammo situation. One of the members volunteered he had a couple of bricks of Federal match .22 LR's. He lives 350 miles away. We met yesterday at a town 1/2 between our towns and had a nice lunch and conversation. He is a retired vet and hunts a lot like I do. He gave me 4 bricks and didn't want anything for them! I knew he has been looking for a good unit here in Colorado for an antelope hunt. I have hunted in a unit that is really great, the only trouble is it takes a bunch of pref. pts. to draw it. He has enough and I told him I would take him and help him fill his tag. We are going to do some preseason scouting next spring. 

Looks like we have the start of a great friendship.! Now if I can get him interested in cowboy shooting.........................

Archived