SASS Wire Forum

COVID status in Russia

No surprise here but data indicate that there are many more COVID deaths than reported to the world.

While one cannot extrapolate from one case to a nation of 145 million, my friend in Novosibirsk, central Siberia, tells me that her father, an army veteran, in nearby Berdsk was feeling ill, went to a hospital, got an X-ray, was told that he had pneumonia and sent to another hospital which was dedicated to COVID patients..since arriving there four days ago, there has not been a room available and he has been in a bed in a corridor with an IV. 

this is just conjecture but my guess is that rooms intended for four patients have six or eight.

Not to do with Covid, but we were with a tour group in Russia in 1987. One of our group suffered a severe leg sprain and went to the hospital. He demanded to be discharged and told us some hair-raising stories about the conditions of the hospital. This was Moscow. Lots of people on gurneys in the corridor was just part of it.

Just now, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Not to do with Covid, but we were with a tour group in Russia in 1987. One of our group suffered a severe leg sprain and went to the hospital. He demanded to be discharged and told us some hair-raising stories about the conditions of the hospital. This was Moscow. Lots of people on gurneys in the corridor was just part of it.

That was Soviet Union but yes, not a lot has changed.

Archived