SASS Wire Forum

Remington Arms

Just read a release by The Roundhill Group that took controll of the Remington name. 

According to the article they want to restore the name to making traditional firearms. 

I guess we shall see. I would certainly hate to see the name die in disgrace. 

The Truth about guns.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com//roundhill-wants-to-make-remington-great-again/

Appoarently they took the article page down @ The Truth About Guns. 

a

5 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Just read a release by The Roundhill Group that took controll of the Remington name. 

According to the article they want to restore the name to making traditional firearms. 

I guess we shall see. I would certainly hate to see the name die in disgrace. 

Oooooo.....maybe we'll see a new run of the 1858 New Model Army!  And the 1875!  Maybe also the Navy Rolling Block, Hepburn #3, and 1899 Lee!

"To making traditional firearms"?

What have they been making? What are traditional firearms? I would assume that would be pump and automatic shotguns, and pump, automatic and bolt rifles. Hunting guns. Blue steel and Walnut.

Isn't that what Remington makes? I know that if, like Ruger and Smith & Wesson, they have started making AR-15s, I was unaware of it.

They need to fire the QC dept and start over. During hiring anyone that mentions “ISO-9000” should quickly be shown the door with a boot in the arse follow up. 

I suppose we shall see what TRADITIONAL means, But Remington was a big player in the hunting field when hunting was 

more popular and hubting areas were larger. I have to say, that if I were a farmer today, I am not certain I would allow hunters on my property, unless I knew them very well, and knew of their firearm savvy. Too many wannabes out there. 

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

"To making traditional firearms"?

What have they been making? What are traditional firearms? I would assume that would be pump and automatic shotguns, and pump, automatic and bolt rifles. Hunting guns. Blue steel and Walnut.

Isn't that what Remington makes? I know that if, like Ruger and Smith & Wesson, they have started making AR-15s, I was unaware of it.

Remington had the R15 and R10 series.  Models were marketed for field carry hunting or seated varmint hunting.  Marketed as Modern Sport Rifles so their traditional arms are probably everything else.

I expect the R2Mi will also be dropped, the bolt action 50bmg repeater.

Vista was the highest bidder for the Remington name & ammo plants.  The bidder that doesn't have any documented history with firearms is the highest bidder for the the firearms factories.  They apparently will license the Remington name from Vista similar to FN licensing the Winchester name from Olin.

Archived