SASS Wire Forum

The danger of militia groups

Utah Bob #35998

It’s my opinion they are a serious threat. Not particularly violence but a threat to our 2A rights. I think their actions will simply Increase public support for more gun control. :angry:

Don't think it matters much, the one's identified as pro-Trump militia who were arrested have videos online from the groups members calling Trump a tyrannt. The MSM has a narrative on guns and they will follow it no matter the facts. 

We all know what happened, nut balls online make statements and threats. The FBI (like police catch pedophiles) makes contact with the members themselves or through an asset and offer encouragement and a promise of providing material to act on a "plan". Said morons faced with cutting bait or bailing go along as each one doesn't want to be seen as a coward by their moron peer group. FBI gathers enough evidence of plan and intent and arrests them. 

These guys hated government of any stripe, hated capitalism, and authority of any kind. 

10 minutes ago, Raylan said:

Don't think it matters much, the one's identified as pro-Trump militia who were arrested have videos online from the groups members calling Trump a tyrannt. The MSM has a narrative on guns and they will follow it no matter the facts. 

We all know what happened, nut balls online make statements and threats. The FBI (like police catch pedophiles) makes contact with the members themselves or through an asset and offer encouragement and a promise of providing material to act on a "plan". Said morons faced with cutting bait or bailing go along as each one doesn't want to be seen as a coward by their moron peer group. FBI gathers enough evidence of plan and intent and arrests them. 

These guys hated government of any stripe, hated capitalism, and authority of any kind. 

They were supposedly an ANTIFA group. https://www.youtube.com/embed/VWciDLgk6-E

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It’s my opinion they are a serious threat. Not particularly violence but a threat to our 2A rights. I think their actions will simply Increase public support for more gun control. :angry:

Yes, I am sure the English and the Loyalists felt the same way. 

They are anarchists. Called both Whitmer and Trump tyrants. The media and much of law enforcement will take the slightest hint of evidence and identify people or groups as Trump supporters. Stopped this before anything happened. Great.

Meanwhile after months of rioting, burning and murder they can't seem to find any link to antifa. Despite many of them self identifying as antifa including some politicians led by Portland. And they're dropping nearly all charges against those arrested for rioting and looting after they've caused at minimum hundreds of millions of dollars of destruction. Heard much about the shooter wearing a Breonna Taylor shirt who walked up and murdered 3 people outside of a restaurant in Louisville?  Crickets on that crime.

54 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes, I am sure the English and the Loyalists felt the same way. 

I see no correlation.

37 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I see no correlation.

Do you understand the concept of the 2nd Amendment and the history of why we have it?

"Militia groups" is a leftists' trigger word.  They use these terms to engender immediate negative response toward whoever they are trying to brand at that moment.  Others include:

Assault Weapons

High Capacity Magazines

White Supremacist

Right Wing Extremist

Cop Killer Bullets

Climate Deniers

and on and on . . .

It is discouraging to see people are still responding their garbage this way.  (Pavlov, dog, etc.)  Hard to see through decades of brainwashing by dems and press, ain't it?

When they get us to fight each other, they win.  Don't be a sucker.

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Do you understand the concept of the 2nd Amendment and the history of why we have it?

I believe I do. Do you understand the concept of anarchy?

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I believe I do. Do you understand the concept of anarchy?

Yep. And I would bet that the English looked at the the Colonists as Anarchists because they, the Colonists, were fighting against the establishment. You see anarchy. I see people , regardless of whether I agree or disagree with them, exercising their freedom as they see it. 

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yep. And I would bet that the English looked at the the Colonists as Anarchists because they, the Colonists, were fighting against the establishment. You see anarchy. I see people , regardless of whether I agree or disagree with them, exercising their freedom as they see it. 

Simply fighting against the establishment is not anarchy. The colonists wanted self government free from the unreasonable tyranny of the crown. The southern Confederacy, rightly or wrongly,  wanted self-rule free from the Union.  I will never be able to draw any similarity between them and the self-styled  “militia” groups who advocate and plan the overthrow of the legitimate Government. Nor will I accept their actions as exercising their freedom as they see it.

45 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Simply fighting against the establishment is not anarchy. The colonists wanted self government free from the unreasonable tyranny of the crown. The southern Confederacy, rightly or wrongly,  wanted self-rule free from the Union.  I will never be able to draw any similarity between them and the self-styled  “militia” groups who advocate and plan the overthrow of the legitimate Government. Nor will I accept their actions as exercising their freedom as they see it.

Your opinion. 

"Left" or "right",  rage at one's society, culture, whatever, is inversely proportional to the health of one's bank account.  100% true? No, but close. Losers.

When you look at the pix of the antifas in Seattle and Portland-- lumpenploletariat; much like the Brit soccer hooligans. The 'militias'? Much the same; different costumes.

Any right that you're afraid to use is a right that you don't have.  As long as the militia groups aren't breaking the law I support them.  If they do break the law, my support will be determined on a case by case basis. 

If you're talking about the guys who tried to kidnap the govner, are they a militia group?  I know we live in an age where words are redefined willy nilly, but to be a militia you can't sit around smoking pot making plans.  You need some level of organization and drilling for combat, don't you? 

They are trying to define all militia groups as white supremacists.

They tried to get Trump to denounce white supremacists and militias(not all militias are white supremacists) . But they did not make the equivalent demand of Biden to denounce antifa and blm lumping them together. Some democrats might be willing to denounce antifa but not blm. Of course Biden says antifa is just an idea. 

7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Well said, UB. The colonial leaders worked publicly for years in attempts to persuade the crown to treat the colonies with respect and a degree of self-government. The original intent was not to form a new nation, but to work within the existing framework.  When the crown became more heavy handed as a response, the leaders publicly declared their reasons for separation, fought to earn their independence, and created the political experiment we still enjoy today.

The modern self-styled armed groups, of all stripes and places on the political spectrum, have shown me very little other than a desire to act tough, rage against the machine/government, and garner fifteen minutes of fame.  

To agree with Pat for a minute, for the most part they seem to be acting within their constitutional rights and local state laws when staging protests.  I’ll bite my tongue and support their right to do so, hoping for cool heads to prevail on all sides.

But that doesn’t mean I’m not cautious and wary of them and how their actions will impact me.

"They" organize into groups of "concerned citizens".  They embrace such wonderful causes.  They organize to keep the murder of the innocent unborn "legal".  They organize to flood the country with foriegners illegally entering.  They organize to call the activities of various twisted perverts a "marriage".  They organize to destroy the police departments that protect our society.  They organize to return us to the dark ages to protect the planet.  They organize to force those who never owned a slave to pay those who never were slaves.  They organize to destroy the second amendment and prevent you from standing up to them or otherwise protecting yourself.  They organize to prevent any but unionized teachers from indoctrinating our children.  They organize antifa and blm to scare you away from voting a certain way.  They organize against your religion and moral beliefs, chasing your ideas out of the public forum.

But, if you dare organize, for any reason, to oppose them, you are a hate group, racist, Extremist, dangerous hater.  

If you want to protect babies, you hate women.

If you want energy independence for this country, you are destoying the earth.

I could go on all day.

Who cares what "they" call you?  "They" are not people worth cowtowing to.  Wake the hell up!

11 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

"They" organize into groups of "concerned citizens".  They embrace such wonderful causes.  They organize to keep the murder of the innocent unborn "legal".  They organize to flood the country with foriegners illegally entering.  They organize to call the activities of various twisted perverts a "marriage".  They organize to destroy the police departments that protect our society.  They organize to return us to the dark ages to protect the planet.  They organize to force those who never owned a slave to pay those who never were slaves.  They organize to destroy the second amendment and prevent you from standing up to them or otherwise protecting yourself.  They organize to prevent any but unionized teachers from indoctrinating our children.  They organize antifa and blm to scare you away from voting a certain way.  They organize against your religion and moral beliefs, chasing your ideas out of the public forum.

But, if you dare organize, for any reason, to oppose them, you are a hate group, racist, Extremist, dangerous hater.  

I could go on all day.

Who cares what "they" call you?  "They" are not people worth cowtowing to.  Wake the hell up!

You would make a trusting foxhole buddy.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Joke 'um said:

I could go on all day.

Thank you sir. 

5 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

I think the greatest current danger from ‘militia’ groups isn’t the possibility of violence, but from politicians who use them as society’s boogeymen to scare voters back into behaving.

And that was my initial point.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And that was my initial point.

It goes well beyond what you mentioned about the 2ndA.  It goes to rationalization of surveillance, intrusive monitoring, expansion of government power, suspension of habeas corpus, and other ‘essential’ restrictions of 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, and 10th, for our ‘ protection’.

The left will always find or create bogeymen to justify their agenda. According to the MSM and the left our country is awash in white supremacy and horribly racist too. 

There is a Democratic party over at the Lake of the Ozarks that I keep watch on. A huge thread about the possibility of civil war if the democrats win. They are really scared and trying to set up a safe location for them to meet in the event of war. In Missouri this is a Republican state except for the big cities which try and run the state. The democrats keep eye on all the pick-up truck carrying Trump and American Flags. By what they write I do mean they are scared. Their back up is that there is more democrats than republicans. I wanted to make a statement to them as to who has all the guns, but I don't post on their site so that I can't get taken off.

17 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

These self styled armed groups are dangerous on so many more levels, and I’m a strong 2A supporter. 

More dangerous than those armed groups are the liberal politicians who seek absolute power and

try to make unconstitutional laws and criminalize law abiding citizens.

Just think Charlie, with the way some politicians talk, we could soon wake up and find out we are felons because we

have a particular firearm thats been demonized or take away ALL your ammo and reloading supplies because someone

feels like you only need to have about 5 rounds to protect your home.   AND... protecting your home and family by using deadly

force could also be determined as criminal and unconstitutional.

If people want to fear militia groups, they should first fear those who have helped cause those militia groups.

..........Widder

Isn't that interesting.

Regardless of whatever happens in the near future, 'white supremacist ' and 'right wing militias' will get blamed for bad stuff

and all the rioting, burning and shootings of innocent children will be overlooked as o.k. because it enhances the cause

of Antifa and BLM.

..........Widder

Archived