SASS Wire Forum

WTB screws for a Norinco 1887 Lever SG

I shot my 87 last weekend and when I was cleaning it I noticed one of the two screws that are in the receiver was missing. I tried to find a vendor on line with no luck. Any ideas who may carry this screw. Thanks, DC

From Coyote Cap's web site:

Effective immediately, Coyote Cap / Lasergraphic LLC has made the following changes - - -

My health has taken a dramatic turn and retirement is now mandatory, necessitating a move to a warmer and dryer climate in close proximity to a Mayo Clinic facility.

In accomplishing this move, I trained a new gunsmith on cowboy guns, I moved all parts inventory and customer guns to Ahlmans Inc. (NOTE) - - Ahlmans Gunshop has been in business since 1943 and just recently celebrated 75 years in the gun business. Ahlmans currently have (42) employees, (13) of which are full time gunsmiths and Ahlmans also have a huge gun parts inventory and are factory authorized warranty repair and replacement facility for almost all major firearms manufacturers.

This was a well thought out and "Good News" move for all our old Cowboy Action Shooting customers.

Ahlmans website is as follow - - - www.ahlmans.com

Ahlmans shipping address is,

Ahlmans Inc.
Cowboy Action Dept.
9525 - 230th St. W.,
Morristown, Minn. 55052

Contact people at Ahlmans are - - -
"Stacy" - - Office Manager (507) 685-4243 or 4244 - - - stacy@ahlmans.com
"Jake" - - Cowboy Action Gunsmith

These are the two people that are assigned to assist you.

This move is permanent and thus folks wishing questions answered on difficult cowboy and antique firearms will still be able to contact me at the same phone number I have had for all these years.

Martin J. "Cap" Ahlman Jr.
"Coyote Cap"
SASS Life # 14184
(507) 685-4500 (old office #)
(507) 330-0145 (i-phone cell #)
coyotecap@gmail.com

Cap was the driving force in bringing the '87s to the U.S.

Get with Lassiter.    He made one for mine. If you search the forums for his contact information, it will come up.   He is not much for email or messaging.   Toms Single Action Shop in Ohio 

2 hours ago, Wild Walt. 92206 said:

Get with Lassiter.    He made one for mine. If you search the forums for his contact information, it will come up.   He is not much for email or messaging.   Toms Single Action Shop in Ohio 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Marshal Eli Taylor said:

Try this link, I believe this is where I purchased mine when I lost one in a match.  https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/

Thank you

3 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

From Coyote Cap's web site:

Effective immediately, Coyote Cap / Lasergraphic LLC has made the following changes - - -

My health has taken a dramatic turn and retirement is now mandatory, necessitating a move to a warmer and dryer climate in close proximity to a Mayo Clinic facility.

In accomplishing this move, I trained a new gunsmith on cowboy guns, I moved all parts inventory and customer guns to Ahlmans Inc. (NOTE) - - Ahlmans Gunshop has been in business since 1943 and just recently celebrated 75 years in the gun business. Ahlmans currently have (42) employees, (13) of which are full time gunsmiths and Ahlmans also have a huge gun parts inventory and are factory authorized warranty repair and replacement facility for almost all major firearms manufacturers.

This was a well thought out and "Good News" move for all our old Cowboy Action Shooting customers.

Ahlmans website is as follow - - - www.ahlmans.com

Ahlmans shipping address is,

Ahlmans Inc.
Cowboy Action Dept.
9525 - 230th St. W.,
Morristown, Minn. 55052

Contact people at Ahlmans are - - -
"Stacy" - - Office Manager (507) 685-4243 or 4244 - - - stacy@ahlmans.com
"Jake" - - Cowboy Action Gunsmith

These are the two people that are assigned to assist you.

This move is permanent and thus folks wishing questions answered on difficult cowboy and antique firearms will still be able to contact me at the same phone number I have had for all these years.

Martin J. "Cap" Ahlman Jr.
"Coyote Cap"
SASS Life # 14184
(507) 685-4500 (old office #)
(507) 330-0145 (i-phone cell #)
coyotecap@gmail.com

Cap was the driving force in bringing the '87s to the U.S.

Thank you

I was going to suggest Numrich, but they don’t have 87 screws in stock,   I saw a few for 97’s but that won’t help.   

57 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Are these the 2 screws the 2 parts of the carrier pivot on?

If so, use Cap's info. IIRC , that shop is run by his son.

When you install them, use a sm drop of blue locate.

OLG 

You are right about the screws. I will call tomorrow and check with them. Thanks, DC

55 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

I was going to suggest Numrich, but they don’t have 87 screws in stock,   I saw a few for 97’s but that won’t help.   

Thanks

I've dealt with these fellers once, and it came out good. 

I hope you find what you need.

I'm going to order some screws, but I'm gonna call them first. 

https://taylorsfirearms.com/1887-lever-action-shotgun.html

12 minutes ago, Brazos John said:

I've dealt with these fellers once, and it came out good. 

I hope you find what you need.

I'm going to order some screws, but I'm gonna call them first. 

https://taylorsfirearms.com/1887-lever-action-shotgun.html

Thanks for the info.

26 minutes ago, Rillito Red said:

I lost one between stages at a match.  20 minutes searching with a 5 lb magnet and I found it.  Good thing, too.  It was an original gun and the screws weren't available anywhere.

Good ending. Happy you found it.

Call PISCO 87 Parts.  541-396-5558 , tell them what you need and they will tell you how much. You will have to send the $ via US mail and then they will send the parts. 

Archived