SASS Wire Forum

Waiting for our next hurricane

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

We're hoping that this next hurricane will save us the trouble of us having to demolish the only stage building that wasn't completely destroyed by the last hurricane.  The Saloon has to come down one way or the other.

Thanks for all your prayers - we can really use them!

Hellbender, President

Up the Creek Gang

Lake Charles, Louisiana

Saloon 1.jpeg

Saloon 2.jpeg

Saloon 3.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Good Luck!

Randy

Thanks Randy!

Hellbender

Hang in there Pard!

I will make a trip over once you get the range rebuilt. And will make a side trip to The Boudin King in Lake Arthur! 

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Have you thought about moving a short distance North and West?  Say, maybe to Iowa?  All kidding aside.... Best of luck!

Thanks!

I first thought you were talking about a small town located near Lake Charles by the name of Iowa (pronounced I -Oh - Way) until I looked again and saw the direction you gave for Iowa.  Iowa, Louisiana is  only 10 miles due east of us!

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Hang in there Pard!

I will make a trip over once you get the range rebuilt. And will make a side trip to The Boudin King in Lake Arthur! 

Thanks Hoss!  

When you do come to Lake Charles you should go by the Market Basket grocery store on Nelson Road - they have just about the best boudin for sale in their deli that I've had.  And if you like boudin balls, go farther to Billy's Boudin and Cracklings in Scott LA just before the Lafayette exit on I-10.  They are the absolute best!

See you a Defend the Fort!

Hellbender

42 minutes ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

Cheer up!

According to the theory of evolution, eventually a tornado or hurricane will build a good stage or house for you!  :D:D:D

And according to other theories, there may be a monkey inside typing Shakespeare. :D

Hellbender, that saloon has quite a "patina" to it.  Maybe just needs a bit of duct tape?  

25 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

And according to other theories, there may be a monkey inside typing Shakespeare. :D

Hellbender, that saloon has quite a "patina" to it.  Maybe just needs a bit of duct tape?  

Abilene, 

But is duct tape period correct? :lol:

3 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Abilene, 

But is duct tape period correct? :lol:

Duck tape would not only be period correct but geographically correct! :D

Hang in there cowboy,

Kajun

14 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks Hoss!  

When you do come to Lake Charles you should go by the Market Basket grocery store on Nelson Road - they have just about the best boudin for sale in their deli that I've had.  And if you like boudin balls, go farther to Billy's Boudin and Cracklings in Scott LA just before the Lafayette exit on I-10.  They are the absolute best!

See you a Defend the Fort!

Hellbender

6B23E480-6EC3-4F16-B0D3-C5AC6FB217A3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

Keep us advised - as soon as you can. . .

Will do.  I made it back this morning and didn’t notice much additional damage coming in except some big freeway signs were down and the 8’ tall chain link fence around the destroyed bank on Ryan Street was broken up.. My neighborhood doesn’t look any different.  Big debris piles at curb still there except a few of the limbs are now sticking out farther, and I had to drive around a couple black plastic garbage bags in the middle of the street.  All tarps still on roofs.  Can’t speak for the rest of the town - I hear some houses got flooded and people had to get rescued.  I’ll see if the damaged  Saloon is still standing out at the cowboy town later today (I hope it’s down from this storm).

thanks Marauder!

Hellbender

For your information the Missouri Disaster Relief will be setting up at Lafayette, LA. I would imagine it will be at the 1st Baptist Church. Everyone from here is leaving to set up tomorrow and hopefully set up and running by Tuesday. We serve up to 15,000 meals a day. I came to DeRidder and wanted to come this time but circumstances will not allow me. Best of luck to everyone.

3 hours ago, Smoken D said:

For your information the Missouri Disaster Relief will be setting up at Lafayette, LA. I would imagine it will be at the 1st Baptist Church. Everyone from here is leaving to set up tomorrow and hopefully set up and running by Tuesday. We serve up to 15,000 meals a day. I came to DeRidder and wanted to come this time but circumstances will not allow me. Best of luck to everyone.

Many thanks for coming to Louisiana to help out.  This has been an unbelievable hurricane season for us!

Hellbender

Archived