SASS Wire Forum

Money belt WTB

Grass Range

5-1000 dollar bills shouldn't be too difficult to fit. Or 3-1 oz gold coins. 250-20 dollar bills might be a stretch.

12 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

So you either have at least $10,000 or already got everything else you need for this sport?

Really just posting to give you a btt.

Cash is easier to deal with and a check usually works for larger buys. And I have seen money belts shown on this site

I don't know how. I can send pics to e-mail addresses though.

A "real, usable" money belt should look similar to the pic. It needs to be open at the buckle end, and have the slot at the end of the belt for the billet to go through to keep all the money inside when worn. Some are sewn at the end, making them un-usable for storage of money. I have been using the one shown for almost 10 years. I like this style as the belt is made from 2 thinner, softer layers of leather sewn together and as such it conforms to the body better, and is more comfortable for me.

Money Belt.JPG

3 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

A "real, usable" money belt should look similar to the pic. It needs to be open at the buckle end, and have the slot at the end of the belt for the billet to go through to keep all the money inside when worn. Some are sewn at the end, making them un-usable for storage of money. I have been using the one shown for almost 10 years. I like this style as the belt is made from 2 thinner, softer layers of leather sewn together and as such it conforms to the body better, and is more comfortable for me.

Money Belt.JPG

So the money is stuffed in from the end of the belt? I have seen those that opened on top instead so it would seem easier to retrieve the bills?

How did that belt close? A zipper, or snaps? Pretty sure most cowboys just put a few silver dollars  in there, they didn't have lots of money, and you didn't take it out of the belt in public, it was for safe keeping. Plus your holsters would get in the way.  If you are looking for a money belt you put lots of money in and hid under your jacket, that is a different animal.

Archived