SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch Virgin

Tequila Shooter

I’ve never seen the movie The Wildbunch, last night I recorded it, so I can watch it later.  I’m curious, SASS has made a whole competition out of this movie, so how good is it?  Should be interesting, we’ll see.

The Wild Bunch is a classic worth seeing.

I shoot CAS and WB.  I love them both, but if I had to choose just one, it would be WB.  Here are my three stages from this weekend's mini-match.  First stage was slow.  The second was a brain-fart.  Finally by the third and final stage, I felt like I was in the game. :lol:

If the version that you recorded has been edited for any reason, don't watch it. Rent or find the unedited version or the directors cut version. Remember that when this movie was released, violence in movies was pretty tame and bloodless......this is one of the movies that changed that. These days, the violence depicted in the movie is tame to what they show on tv in prime time.

One of my favorite movies of all time.

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

If the version that you recorded has been edited for any reason, don't watch it. Rent or find the unedited version or the directors cut version. Remember that when this movie was released, violence in movies was pretty tameand bloodless......this is one of the movies that changed that. These days, the violence depicted in the movie is tame to what they show on tv in prime time.

One of my favorite movies of all time.

+1

As a kid I hated it, because the 1911s were all 9mm Spanish Star pistols instead. I wondered why the heck would Hollywood be that cheap. I didn't know until years later that real .45 1911s were a huge PITA to get to work with blanks so Hollywood usually had to sub something else that looked similar.

44 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

As a kid I hated it, because the 1911s were all 9mm Spanish Star pistols instead. I wondered why the heck would Hollywood be that cheap. I didn't know until years later that real .45 1911s were a huge PITA to get to work with blanks so Hollywood usually had to sub something else that looked similar.

How young (or old) a kid were you to differentiate pistol types??

17 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

About 12 years old, and already I was a 1911 expert. I was taking my dad's Colt apart and cleaning it for him.

Good for you.

I'm 72 and not a 1911 expert yet. ;)

Wild bunch is nice. But I like BP too much. :lol:

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I had no idea until this post. If I cued up the movie tonight, I don’t think I’d notice.  

Archived