SASS Wire Forum

ACCIAIO-VICKERS ROTA , MODEL 14 12GA

Frontier Lone Rider

Does anyone know anything about these?

What is the value of one of these?

ACCIAIO-VICKERS ROTA , MODEL 14 SIDE BY SIDE 12GA

acc.jpg.2fdf86b86cb1c7f943299f90481b569f.jpg

3 hours ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

Thanks Marauder, I have read that article.  I found a second one that list the value as $320.

3 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

That particular one is worth $650. :ph34r:

Never heard of one before.

If you have never heard of one before, how did you come up with a value?  Where have you seen these priced or what others have paid for this shotgun?

Before Spain shut down their firearms industry, their shotguns ran the gamut from cheap to superb. Yours is certainly a handsome gun, how does it shoot?

5 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Before Spain shut down their firearms industry, their shotguns ran the gamut from cheap to superb. Yours is certainly a handsome gun, how does it shoot?

I think these are made in Italy.

I have several of the shotguns that were made in Spain.  The Spanish manufacturers have dwindled from over twenty to about four today.  They do make some nice shotguns.

1 hour ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

If you have never heard of one before, how did you come up with a value?  Where have you seen these priced or what others have paid for this shotgun?

That's the asking price in the current Gunbroker auction the OP's picture came from, so I reckon that's what it's worth to the seller.

2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

That's the asking price in the current Gunbroker auction the OP's picture came from, so I reckon that's what it's worth to the seller.

They have it listed on more than one auction, at different asking prices.  But, the real value of anything is what someone else is willing to pay for the item, not what the seller is asking.  

Not being familiar with this brand, I am wondering what it is truly worth.  I don't plan to make an offer on something that is way over priced as are primers today.

That looks like a listing from 13th Street Pawn Store in Omaha. They are notoriously overpriced on everything they have. These are the people that sell Mosin Nagants for $600 and SKSes for $800. I visited their store once or twice when I lived in Omaha years ago. I can't say I would be inclined to purchase anything they sell. 

58 minutes ago, Flatwater Monte said:

That looks like a listing from 13th Street Pawn Store in Omaha. They are notoriously overpriced on everything they have. These are the people that sell Mosin Nagants for $600 and SKSes for $800. I visited their store once or twice when I lived in Omaha years ago. I can't say I would be inclined to purchase anything they sell. 

That is the way I was leaning, it just seemed over priced and they are selling it as is without any possibility of a return.   I don't think they are made any more, so getting any parts would be out of the question.  Plus, I don't know if the parts are soft and wear or otherwise.  It is supposed to have good steel in the barrels.

I think my 15 year F-150 is worth 30,000, but Kelly's Blue Book would disagree on the selling amount.

In Italy the Brescia area up through Gardone Val Trompia was the and still is the firearms making area much like the area Spain had. Many small makers, some making just a particular part of a shotgun. The makers have dwindled to just a few as in Spain. Beretta, Uberti,  Fausti, Pedersoli are a few of those left in that area. 

At least that was my understanding from the muddled conversation I had at the Uberti factory, which is located onsite at Beretta. 

12 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

In Italy the Brescia area up through Gardone Val Trompia was the and still is the firearms making area much like the area Spain had. Many small makers, some making just a particular part of a shotgun. The makers have dwindled to just a few as in Spain. Beretta, Uberti,  Fausti, Pedersoli are a few of those left in that area. 

At least that was my understanding from the muddled conversation I had at the Uberti factory, which is located onsite at Beretta. 

I am doing my part to support these smaller industries as I have some of each, some Berettas, several Uberti, a  Fausti, and a couple Pedersolis. 

Archived