Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mongo Maverick

Looking for Leather Worker in Colorado

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I’m just getting started into CAS, and a great friend of my gifted me a belt and set of holsters. They are amazing but I need to do a little work to them to get them to work for me.  Does anybody know of a good leather worker in the Colorado Springs or Denver area? Thanks! 
 

Maverick 

Edited by Mongo Maverick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mongo- I’m not a leather-smith, but wanted to say hey. I’m in Colorado Springs as well. Not yet a member, long time lurker though. Still trying to collect my iron’s (not easy in today’s market)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mongo Maverick said:

I’m just getting started into CAS, and a great friend of my gifted me a belt and set of holsters. They are amazing but I need to do a little work to them to get them to work for me.  Does anybody know of a good leather worker in the Colorado Springs or Denver area? Thanks! 
 

Maverick 

What sort of work are you looking for?  How soon do you need it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a guy in Peyton area that does amazing work.   I have seen his work at local gun shows when we used to have them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirtheadz said:

Mongo- I’m not a leather-smith, but wanted to say hey. I’m in Colorado Springs as well. Not yet a member, long time lurker though. Still trying to collect my iron’s (not easy in today’s market)

Thanks for the reach out Dirtheadz! I’m in the same boat. Looking for some OM Vaqueros, but not easy to find them. For now I’m borrowing my friends backups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

What sort of work are you looking for?  How soon do you need it? 

I need to move the buckle a little bit and if possible dye the whole rig black. It’s a brown color now,  but the color is messed up from where the holsters used to sit, but then  they got moved on the belt, so the coloring is off. I was hoping to have the work done before the end of the month. I’m heading out of town Nov 1 and was hoping to be able to take it with me. 

Edited by Mongo Maverick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

There is a guy in Peyton area that does amazing work.   I have seen his work at local gun shows when we used to have them.  

Any idea of his contact info Still hand Bill? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mongo -

Best I know in Colorado is Slick Bald.  He does mainly high end rigs and does more teaching now a days as far as I know.  Not sure if he'd be interested in doing revisions to an existing rig or not.  If you'd like, I can reach out to him and pass along your contact info.  He's in Longmont.

 

There is also a fairly talented amateur leather crafter in the Denver area that might be able to help you out.  I won't name him here as I don't know that he's openly looking for leather work, but again, I can send out a feeler on your behalf if you'd like.  

 

PM me if interested.

Grizz..

 

PS  - hope to see you out at Pawnee Station some time soon.  Bit of a drive from the springs, but I think it would be worth the effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Grizzly Dave, I tired to send you a pm but the site told me you couldn’t receive any PM’s. 

Edited by Mongo Maverick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mongo Maverick said:

Any idea of his contact info Still hand Bill? 

Western images leather works    Google search will bring it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mongo Maverick said:

Grizzly Dave, I tired to send you a pm but the site told me you couldn’t receive any PM’s. 

 

guess my box was full, I made some room in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

 

guess my box was full, I made some room in there.

Just sent you a pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.