SASS Wire Forum

From Son to Father!!!!

Kirk James

For years I have been asking my son, Cody James and daughter, SASS Kicker for help.  They have always advised me to shoot faster and move my a__.  I have always replied, "thanks kids".  I just got this special message from my son Cody on the 1st day of the Eldorado Cowboys main match, "Just focus and relax for the main match!  Shoot your own match and don't worry about anyone else!  Don’t overwork yourself either and you will shoot amazing!  Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!  FRONT SIGHTS!, " I will type it up and keep it in my cart.  This is a tread to share any advise that has assisted you with the mental game and you wish to share with others.

If you have a bad stage, leave it on that stage, don't bring it to the next, it will mess up your shooting and make a fun day miserable.

Don't let "Delusions of Adequacy" mess you up.

English translation:  If you think you are better than you are, you'll get more upset when you inevitably screw up.  Just shake it off and enjoy the good stuff.

They say that 90% of this game is mental and the rest is in your head!

My mentor China Camp (for those that don't know who he is, look up SASS Icon), always said "Smooth is Fast, Quick is Slow".

Oh, and only check scores to verify that your times are recorded correctly. Never look at other people's times mid-match.

If I am shooting clean please don't tell me halfway through the match.

Or at all.  Hard to focus after you hear that. Surprise me after the last stage with the good news.

Like telling a pitcher in the 7th inning, "Two more innings and you have a no-hitter." Ugh.

Phantom is right. Monitor your own score.

Slipping in one or two black powder rounds into the son's smokeless ammo usually increased my times over his.  :)

On 10/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

If you have a bad stage, leave it on that stage, don't bring it to the next, it will mess up your shooting and make a fun day miserable.

And DON'T bring it to the unloading table. Not much worse than having some idiot slaming his or her guns on the unloading table.

kR

Archived