SASS Wire Forum

question on value of a shotgun

Trigger Mike

16 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Zero if you keep it.

:)

If you don’t want it, why did you buy it?

I bought it for my sons to use for the school shotgun team but even though some had a semiauto,  after a couple of matches I realized an over/ under was better so you could have different chokes at the same time.   Also because semiauto requires more maintenance over time if you are shooting several hundred rounds a year.  

Doesn’t change my (flippant) response.

You decide how much money you are willing to accept if you sell it.  You don’t have to accept any offer that is less than you paid for it.  You only have to find one buyer who agrees to your price.  It is not a matter for consensus.  You decide if you want to sell it for less or more than $999.  Until then, shoot the heck out of it.

".............some had a semiauto,  after a couple of matches I realized an over/ under was better so you could have different chokes at the same time............."

not to dissuade you from spending more money or buying more guns , just think about why you are spending it - does the kid hunt ?

having been involved with high school trap for many years i question your logic - a lot of kids are still growing  , the semi auto kicks less and can also be used for many hunting disciplines , switching chambers /chokes is all well and good in sporting clays but the trap throws the same bird every time , its all about consistently shooting and if your messin with your chokes/barrels your not shooting consistent ,

Archived