SASS Wire Forum

Tombstone remake?

Dirty Dutch Brody

2 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Hiddleston, Cumberbatch and Holland would be great pics but it is also sad that we can't find 3 "Merican" actors with enough hair on their gonads to play rough and tumble.

Pick me to play the gambler that Wyatt threw out of the saloon.  I can bleed real good.

Hard to believe that was Billy Bob Thornton. Looks nothing like he does today.

You can join J-Bar and me in the rabble posse. ^_^

New Tombstone's climax; "The Roundtable at the I'm OK, you're OK Corral."

Cowboys' red sashes will have MAGA on one end and a confederate flag on the other.  These would only be visable while actually torturing or raping oppressed minorities.

Tarantino pretty much proved with "Once Upon a Time In Hollywood" that there is money to be made with alternative historic timelines...

The "New Earps" can be whatever Hollyweird wants them to be.

19 hours ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

Shoot, i'm sure we have some volunteers in CAS..... If needed, I will volunteer.  

19 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Four unknown young actors.

Virgil was 38 years old at the OK Corral. Wyatt Earp was  33.  Doc Holliday and Morgan Earp were 30.

Chris Pratt is already 41, older than Virgil.  The historic four were kids.  Good luck finding a director who will cast kids in those roles.

I will volunteer also, but will have to be both Virgil and Morgan.

3 hours ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Hiddleston, Cumberbatch and Holland would be great pics but it is also sad that we can't find 3 "Merican" actors with enough hair on their gonads to play rough and tumble.

Pick me to play the gambler that Wyatt threw out of the saloon.  I can bleed real good.

Robert Downey Jr is American, and can probably do rough and tumble, if Sherlock Holmes is any indication. He has studied Wing Chun for a number of years. At 55, his age is a factor though. I’ll try to think of a few others though.

17 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Robert Downey Jr is American, and can probably do rough and tumble, if Sherlock Holmes is any indication. He has studied Wing Chun for a number of years. At 55, his age is a factor though. I’ll try to think of a few others though.

I’m thinking the average movie goer has no idea how old the protagonists were, so it’s not a big leap. Besides, folks back in the day looked much older than their years. Downey would look little different than Ethan Hawke did in Mag 7 or Jason Robards in Hour of the Gun. 

14 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I’m thinking the average movie goer has no idea how old the protagonists were, so it’s not a big leap. Besides, folks back in the day looked much older than their years. Downey would look little different than Ethan Hawke did in Mag 7 or Jason Robards in Hour of the Gun. 

And would probably look better than Quaid's rendition of Doc did in Wyatt Earp.

I've always thought that he got a bit carried away with the hunched, cadaverous look.

Archived