SASS Wire Forum

Tombstone remake?

Dirty Dutch Brody

So I just finished watching Tombstone again for probably the 500th time and while getting ready for bed i was thinking, if they were to do a remake of this classic who would play the 4 main characters? So I figured why not ask all of you. If they remade Tombstone today who should play the Earp brothers and Doc Holiday?

I think Tom Hiddleston could make a memorable Doc Holliday.

Four unknown young actors.

Virgil was 38 years old at the OK Corral. Wyatt Earp was  33.  Doc Holliday and Morgan Earp were 30.

Chris Pratt is already 41, older than Virgil.  The historic four were kids.  Good luck finding a director who will cast kids in those roles.

4 minutes ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

Shoot, i'm sure we have some volunteers in CAS..... If needed, I will volunteer.  

I could play Billy Clanton or one of the Mclaury brothers, as long as I don’t have any lines.  Or maybe one of the rabble who gets shot elsewhere in the film. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I could play Billy Clanton or one of the Mclaury brothers, as long as I don’t have any lines.  Or maybe one of the rabble who gets shot elsewhere in the film. ^_^

I like that.

I could be rabble.

:ph34r:

I agree I don't think a remake is needed or should be done but that doesn't take away from the question a photo I think What play those roles. Just something fun to think about.

25 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Some movies should be left as is.  I can’t picture a better ensemble than the original cast. 

I agree. Sometimes Hollywood gets it right, and you leave it alone.

But, to play along, and after some thought, I would suggest Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch as Wyatt and Virgil. Andrew Garfield as Doc Holliday. Morgan is a bit more difficult to cast, possibly Tom Holland, although he is significantly younger at 24 and not tall at 5'8". With Hiddleston at 6'2" and Cumberbatch at 6'0", he would require some tricky camera angles to not look like a kid. Probably why he did so well as Spiderman.

I would play Robert Downey Jr. against type as Johnny Ringo. I think he would be fantastic in the role.

Curly Bill Brosius is also a challenge. Ethan Hawke? Daniel Craig? Given his imposing height and the height of Hiddleston and Cumberbatch, Vince Vaughn might be a good choice.

I would have to think about the remainder. I would say the obvious choice for Josephine, to the point of being too obvious, is Scarlett Johansson, so I would look elsewhere.

The only director would be Mel Gibson. When he stays behind the camera, as in Hacksaw Ridge, the result is great. 

9 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Robert Downey Jr could be interesting as Doc. A bit old maybe, but a good actor and box office draw. He could play an angry addict with nothing to lose pretty well. 

He has experience to draw from.

If they did a remake during these 'inclusive' times, Curly Bill would be a woman, Wyatt would be a black man and Josie would be his gay love interest.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

I agree. Sometimes Hollywood gets it right, and you leave it alone.

But, to play along, and after some thought, I would suggest Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch as Wyatt and Virgil. Andrew Garfield as Doc Holliday. Morgan is a bit more difficult to cast, possibly Tom Holland, although he is significantly younger at 24 and not tall at 5'8". With Hiddleston at 6'2" and Cumberbatch at 6'0", he would require some tricky camera angles to not look like a kid. Probably why he did so well as Spiderman.

I would play Robert Downey Jr. against type as Johnny Ringo. I think he would be fantastic in the role.

Curly Bill Brosius is also a challenge. Ethan Hawke? Daniel Craig? Given his imposing height and the height of Hiddleston and Cumberbatch, Vince Vaughn might be a good choice.

I would have to think about the remainder. I would say the obvious choice for Josephine, to the point of being too obvious, is Scarlett Johansson, so I would look elsewhere.

The only director would be Mel Gibson. When he stays behind the camera, as in Hacksaw Ridge, the result is great. 

But therein lies my challenge with this thread. Of the actors you mentioned, I’ve only heard of three, including Mel Gibson behind the camera. 

I do agree with Scarlett Johansen as Josephine. Excellent choice!  But she’d still not quite measure up to Dana Delany. <deep sigh...>

7 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

But therein lies my challenge with this thread. Of the actors you mentioned, I’ve only heard of three, including Mel Gibson behind the camera. 

I do agree with Scarlett Johansen as Josephine. Excellent choice!  But she’d still not quite measure up to Dana Delany. <deep sigh...>

They are mostly well known. Depending on your movie watching, you've seen them.

There was no need to ever

ever

evereverever

...do a remake of The Magnificent Seven - but Hollywood did it anyway

Sergio Leone remade Yojimbo

Hell, John Wayne was so good in Rio Bravo that Hollywood remade Rio Bravo twice and had John Wayne star in both remakes !!!

In the current climate - I think Amy Schumer would make a great Ike Clanton while Debra Messing would play the Part of Joannie Ringo. 

My pick for Wynessa Earp would be ellen Degeneres and of course Portia DeRossi would play the role of Wynessa's love interest - Josephine.

James Wood is the most likely to snag the part of Doc Holiday- primarily because most of Hollywood cant wait to see James Wood die from tuberculosis. 

Picture a defunded Tombstone Town Marshall's office. 

The Earps would be dressed in rainbow t-shirts and have ponytails.  Their job title would be Conflict Resolution Counselor. 

When the Cowboys come to town for some "mostly peaceful" partying, the CRC's could hold a firearms buy-back to keep the peace.

What a movie!

(Sorry, brain on fire)

The drama of the counseling scene would be overwhelming.

"Now, Johnny, tell Doc how it made you feel when he twirled his little silver cup."

The possibilities!  A present day Leslie Neilson as Wyatt . . .

The remake would have Virgil getting shot in his RIGHT arm instead of his left - not because he has any impact on the film, just for the political symbolism.

There would also be a peaceful but fiery riot in the streets of Tombstone after that horrific hands-up-dont-shoot moment at the OK Corral....

The sad part is everyone in here is joking about how the left/Hollywood would pc tombstone. If they think they could make a buck off of it and get some social justice points they will ruin it in a heartbeat. Look at what they have done to the academy awards 

6 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Some movies should be left as is.  I can’t picture a better ensemble than the original cast. 

Something to that, but the story has been told in many movies.

Watched "Wichita" the other night, the 1955 movie. Not Tombstone town, obviously. Joel McCrea as Wyatt Earp and Peter Graves as Morgan Earp. I wonder, how many actors have played Wyatt Earp, and in how many movies?

By the way, if you haven't watched Wichita, it is a very good Western. It was a hit in '55. Quite a cast; besides McCrea and Graves, it included Vera Miles, Lloyd Bridges, Edgar Buchanan, and Jack Elam.

How bout the four guys from Big Bang Theory? Most of them are out of work.:blink::P:D

Kaley Cuoco as Josephine :wub::wub::wub:kaley-cuoco-hot-photo.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The problem with doing another remake is that it’s a true story, maybe embellished but basically true.  As much as some would like to change history they can’t.  The 

Earps were white young men, their wives/girlfriends were white women, so to change them to anything else would not be accurate.  Movies like the Magnificent Seven are fantasy so they can remake it with whoever they want.  Plus those Hollywierd types will do anything to make a buck and get their point of view across.  

Just my dos Centavos.

20 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

The problem with doing another remake is that it’s a true story, maybe embellished but basically true.  As much as some would like to change history they can’t.  The 

Earps were white young men, their wives/girlfriends were white women, so to change them to anything else would not be accurate.  Movies like the Magnificent Seven are fantasy so they can remake it with whoever they want.  Plus those Hollywierd types will do anything to make a buck and get their point of view across.  

Just my dos Centavos.

Since when has Hollywood cared about being accurate?

1 hour ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

How bout the four guys from Big Bang Theory? Most of them are out of work.:blink::P:D

Sheldon getting into a Latin Duel with Johnny Ringo- and correcting his pronounciation before taking off on a tangent- just ran through my head.

Post like this one are why I invested in that screen protector for the tablet.

Hiddleston, Cumberbatch and Holland would be great pics but it is also sad that we can't find 3 "Merican" actors with enough hair on their gonads to play rough and tumble.

Pick me to play the gambler that Wyatt threw out of the saloon.  I can bleed real good.

Archived