SASS Wire Forum

9mm Ammo

McCandless

Locally, around me, the shelves are bare.  Even jacketed bullets were out everywhere. 

My local indoor ranges require jacketed ammo, to minimize lead exposure.

I was looking at the ridiculous prices on-line for 9mm ammo and thought "there must be a better way".

Turns out there is...  I found one manufacturer that had 9mm jacketed bullets in stock, Extreme Bullets Mfg. LLC

Ordered about 10 days ago, got them today.

Then I looked at Federal Ammunition's site, and they had 9mm FMJ in stock at $40.00 per 100 (not 50).  So, I bought a few hundred.  (I see that today they are out of stock).

Turns out you can buy straight from them, cheaper than you can buy from most other places.

Then I got a shipment of Hi-Tek coated bullets from Bullets by Scarlett.

Cool!

Now my wife and I can practice and plink to our heart's content!

Oh, did I tell you I found 10K Federal Magnum Small Pistol Primers?  Keep cruising the 'net... stuff pops up and gets gone quickly, but it is there.

I haven’t been able to find Extreme Bullets LLC on the internet.
 Extremebullets .com didn’t work. 

Must be xtremebullets. Com. 
They sell components... bullets, cases, primers, but not loaded ammunition.

FYI DFW people...

Academy Sports In Arlington TX had 7 boxes of 357 Sig FMJ flat point ammo this morning, plus 22 mag and A17 ammo.

12 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

xtreme bullets only sells components.  Bullets, brass, primers. 
Not loaded ammunition per their website. 

NOTE:  I read the post again.

He was referring to jacketed bullets only and not ammunition.
My mistake.  

So, I guess you are correct. 

Thanks for the info.

shelves are bare everywhere , for everything , you should always have a decent supply in house to prevent this dilemma , or load your own 

this has been happening every election cycle but difference this year is liberals are buying guns and ammo , many dont know what they bought or how to load it when they get to the range to try it out , some dont even know what they bought - one found a box of ammo and bought the gun to shoot it , he told me so , then wanted to know how to put the bullets in it , you cant make this stuff up ...good side is they now know they cant get one at the grocery store or on line and they cant buy without a background check unless they buy out of someone's trunk in a seedy part of town they fear 

9 mm has pretty much dried up and has been for several months. 10 mm is actually sort of available and costs less the 9 mm for once.

For online sales of 9 mm we used to be able to buy for about $9 per box of 50. Now online distributors sell out almost immediately at $29 per box of 50 factory loads.

There were 3 good years of very little to no, at least in free states, political pressure on ammunition sales. There was more supply than there was demand and prices were low low low. If you weren't buying then you weren't thinking ahead.

Ive got less that 10 boxes of 9mm in my store.  They are reserved for customers who buy a pistol and ask for ammo.  Same for 380.  I've got lots of 45 acp, 10mm, 5.56, and 22 lr.  

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Ive got less that 10 boxes of 9mm in my store.  They are reserved for customers who buy a pistol and ask for ammo.  Same for 380.  I've got lots of 45 acp, 10mm, 5.56, and 22 lr.  

You have 5.56? Where is your store? Gnome, Alaska? :D

5.56 around here goes faster than free gold.

Unfortunately we can be pretty sure the anti-gunners have noticed the ammo situation as well and will likely try to pass laws making sure this sort of thing remains the norm. They couldn't care less if the thugs are able to steal a box or two of ammo. They want to screw the rest of us up and try to discourage gun ownership.

Picked up a box of Federal FMJ for $23 for 50. I box to each customer! 

.357 were $30.00 for 20. Hollow points

20 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

You have 5.56? Where is your store? Gnome, Alaska? :D

5.56 around here goes faster than free gold.

Yes.  We've got quite a bit.  Brass, with 55 fmj, 62 m855, steel case in several flavors, We've got thousands of rounds of 308, and 7.62 x 39.  And we've got a great stock of 22 lr.  

We're in north Alabama.  

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Yes.  We've got quite a bit.  Brass, with 55 fmj, 62 m855, steel case in several flavors, We've got thousands of rounds of 308, and 7.62 x 39.  And we've got a great stock of 22 lr.  

We're in north Alabama.  

:D

I know many, many people  who'd love to come shopping there.

2 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

:D

I know many, many people  who'd love to come shopping there.

We're open 10 to 4 today, 10 to 6, Tuesdays thru Fridays.  We ship as well.  

Just now, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

We're open 10 to 4 today, 10 to 6, Tuesdays thru Fridays.  We ship as well.  

PM inbound.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:26 AM, Dantankerous said:

9 mm has pretty much dried up and has been for several months. 10 mm is actually sort of available and costs less the 9 mm for once.

For online sales of 9 mm we used to be able to buy for about $9 per box of 50. Now online distributors sell out almost immediately at $29 per box of 50 factory loads.

There were 3 good years of very little to no, at least in free states, political pressure on ammunition sales. There was more supply than there was demand and prices were low low low. If you weren't buying then you weren't thinking ahead.

After the Sandy Hook shortage I started buying 22LR in bulk, >3000, when the price including freight was $0.07 each.  I had <1000 at the time which I had been nursing for several years.  I quit buying after I realized I had 22,500.  The last lot I bought cost $0.035 including freight after rebate.  I bought 9mm in bulk when the price was too good to not buy & the same with 55 grain & 62 grain 5.56x45.  The price for 9mm & 5.56 was so good that I didn't bother reloading.  Just last year I purchased 5.56 62 grain Federal in stripper clips for $0.30 each delivered.  The only ammo I bought this year is 30 Carbine; because, I bought an Ethiopian Inland M1 Carbine with high wood & early flip-up rear sight.  From the serial no. the stock was replaced.   At the time the only 30 Carbine at a LGS was expensive Winchester WWII Victory Series that the came in a nice collectable wooden slide top box.   Lucky for me a few months later surplus Korean bulk showed up in several online retailers stocks.  It came in an ammo can full of bandoliers with sleeves of two 10 round stripper clips.

How does that Korean shoot? I saw it for 390 a thousand, which seems pretty damn high to me, but that's probably because I've been loading my own ammunition for the last forty years, and ammo prices in my head are stuck in 1980.

On 10/9/2020 at 3:04 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Unfortunately we can be pretty sure the anti-gunners have noticed the ammo situation as well and will likely try to pass laws making sure this sort of thing remains the norm. They couldn't care less if the thugs are able to steal a box or two of ammo. They want to screw the rest of us up and try to discourage gun ownership.

unfortunately i agree , but hopefully they will fail - federal just bought up remingtons bankrupt ammo facilities - there is hope 

Archived