SASS Wire Forum

Found one WTB: Bolt assembly for 1873 Uberti.357

Crawdaddy

Wtb complete bolt assembly for a 1873 uberti rifle. (Rifle not carbine if it makes a difference)Need one with cross pin holding extension, with replaceable lower bolt tab. Hope this is enough info. Thanks in advance for any help. 
Crawdaddy

53 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

Wtb complete bolt assembly for a 1873 uberti rifle. (Rifle not carbine if it makes a difference)Need one with cross pin holding extension, with replaceable lower bolt tab. Hope this is enough info. Thanks in advance for any help. 
Crawdaddy

The cross-pin is the "old style" bolt and the pin is far weaker than the newer style with the "key" that holds the extension.  While you are replacing the bolt assembly, you should upgrade your firing pin extension.

Another option is to send your bolt to a gunsmith who will repair your bolt by milling out the bottom and making the Bolt Tab replaceable.

Three Cut has done that on a couple of mine.

Shotgun Boogie Gun Works sells Bolt Assemblies on his site.  He can probably convert your current bolt to a replaceable bolt tab also.  He's a wizard.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t if the old style could be replaced by the new one. I am currently waiting for my bolt to be returned from a smith. Just thought it might be quicker to get a new one that I could replace the tab myself if it happens again.

All of the following carry new bolt assemblies.  Buy the entire bolt assembly rather than just the bolt; it's a much better deal.  The new style bolt assembly also includes a replaceable lower tab which was a part that had a tendency to break.  I would also consider getting your old one fixed and keeping it as a "drop-in" backup.

Unless you have real gun gunsmithing skills, have your new bolt installed and tuned by a good cowboy gunsmith.

www.vtigunparts.com

www.taylorsfirearms.com

www.cimarron-firearms.com

Thanks for the info, my bolt is at a gunsmith to be repaired, I want a replacement so I don’t have to wait 5 or 6 weeks or more for return.

Archived