SASS Wire Forum

Thank you to the Powder Creek Cowboys

Sedalia Dave

Wanted to give a shout out to the powder Creek Cowboys for all the hard work they put into the Prince of the Pistoleers Kansas State Championship and the Kansas State Black Powder Championship. They put together two first class matches with well written and fun stages, a wonderful banquet on the range, good food, and awesome category awards.

This was my first time shooting there and everyone that attended the match made my wife and I feel so welcome.

I wish I could name all of the individuals that made this such a memorable match but if I tried I would surely omit someone. That said, I do want to give a special thank you to Cooncan, Bertie Winchester and the young ladies that coordinated everything. The hard work that they put into holding two state championship matches on the same weekend showed.

I second that. It was a great weekend with lots of great people.

I just shot in the POP match but I hung around and helped out a little with the Black Powder match where I had almost more fun just being able to watch and enjoy everyone else shooting and the camaraderie of a great bunch of shooters. Congrats to Flint Hills Dawg on winning the Black Powder Championship.

Looking forward to next year!

Verdigris Kid, we are all very appreciative of your helping at the unloading table and being so kind to carry the jugs with our spent cartridges to the next stages.  You are a gentleman. 

A special nod needs to go to the Cowboy who had a jammed gun on the first stage, that resulted in an accidental discharge within five feet and a match DQ.  That hurt.  This Cowboy did not complain.  He put his toys away and came back to help on that stage and on each on the following nine stages, acting as a TO at times, doing scoring, and spotting.  Sedalia Dave you are an example to all on how a true Cowboy faces the rough spots and helps out.  All of us thank you and are better off having met you.  May you have a clean match this coming week in Tennessee!

Archived