SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee State Championship Category and Posse Lists

Looks like I got possed up with you Branchwater, which is only fitting since you talked me into shooting the big matches.  We were possed up in Wartrace back in early September I think and you were a good salesman.

Just now, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Looks like I got possed up with you Branchwater, which is only fitting since you talked me into shooting the big matches.  We were possed up in Wartrace back in early September I think and you were a good salesman.

He'll have you sold on shooting Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter before you can turn around twice...

I like my posse...one of the things I wanted was to meet new shooters.  Of our 15 posse members we have 7 different states.  I don't recognize any of the names except someone named Scarlett something. :) 

1 minute ago, Diamond Jake said:

I like my posse...one of the things I wanted was to meet new shooters.  Of our 15 posse members we have 7 different states.  I don't recognize any of the names except someone named Scarlett something. :) 

You have Missouri Lefty in your posse.  Look him up on Youtube...good luck being a spotter for him!

2 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

My goodnes, they've put you with the biggest bunch of miscreants and ne'er do-wells I've ever seen on one...

Oh, wait; that's my posse... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You'll love shooting with that group, but watch out for @Scarlett :wub::wub::wub: she'll sneak up and give you a bunch of big old hugs!

1 hour ago, Diamond Jake said:

I know most of our posse and its gonna be a LOT of fun!  

Big Hugs!

Scarlett Something! :P

Would have liked to met all of you, but I could not put it together this year due to work.

And I'm extra bummed about it because my new carry rig arrived today.

Next year looks much better though.

6 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Look out for posse #10, TN Williams AND Sedalia Dave that could be trouble.  Don’t know how their going to shoot around the ‘nanner splits :ph34r: ;) :D 

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is!

I'll try to catch up with you at the regional in a couple weeks. I might even let you buy me a nanner split.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is!

I'll try to catch up with you at the regional in a couple weeks. I might even let you buy me a nanner split.:ph34r:

I’ll take you up on that offer, see you soon, and have fun up there!

Hey Capt BB, ya got me. Condolences should start to arrive in 3 to 7 seconds.

It is gonna be a great match, pray for high Pressure in the atmosphere.

Imis

Heads Up! A crew from Shoot USA will be on the range all 3 days. They're going to interview folks and plan to do a 30 minute segment on the TN State Match for their show. Tennessee Williams, please remember to wear pants this time, we don't need another embarrassing scene like 4th of July! I'll never look at full moon again without thinking of you and wishing there was an eyewash to erase visual memories.

They are interested in anyone who may shoot original old guns, not modern replicas. If you are that person and want to be a TV star let us know.

Pants, TW, wear pants.

I found this on Facebook posted by Doc McCandless, it is a story WMOT did of the 2018 Match.

https://www.wmot.org/post/bet-youve-never-seen-tenn-shooting-contest-quite?fbclid=IwAR1D6aRLRyP47d4C7O2rqJ3rZaHJhsa_86nD5LxXMW7wr_EXuZg6i8xuWIE#stream/0

You can also find it on the Wartrace Regulators Facebook Page

Bet you've never seen a Tenn. shooting contest quite like this
WMOT.ORG
Bet you've never seen a Tenn. shooting contest quite like this
WARTRACE, Tenn. (OSBORNE) -- Tennessee’s strong gun culture means you can find a shooting contest in some corner of the state any weekend of the year.

Randy

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Wellll, yes but please dont let that be known. I did a bunch this past weekend at the workers shoot. Nobody shot me.

Imis

OK.  I'm not familiar with a lot of the people on the posse.  I know I can run the timer and so can Ocoee Red.  I'm hoping there are at least two additional people with RO2 and timer experience.

6 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Heads Up! A crew from Shoot USA will be on the range all 3 days. They're going to interview folks and plan to do a 30 minute segment on the TN State Match for their show. Tennessee Williams, please remember to wear pants this time, we don't need another embarrassing scene like 4th of July! I'll never look at full moon again without thinking of you and wishing there was an eyewash to erase visual memories.

They are interested in anyone who may shoot original old guns, not modern replicas. If you are that person and want to be a TV star let us know.

Pants, TW, wear pants.

Ok, but shirts are still optional correct!?

12 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Pants, TW, wear pants.

It’s a repo; but If the MD and Posse Marshal okay it, I was planning on shooting my 56-50 in the BP side match for style points. 

53 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

It’s a repo; but If the MD and Posse Marshal okay it, I was planning on shooting my 56-50 in the BP side match for style points. 

Why would the MD and Posse Marshal have to okay you using a legal firearm in the match?

10 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Why would the MD and Posse Marshal have to okay you using a legal firearm in the match?

The lightest bullet it will feed reliably. is 320 grains. They can be hard on targets. Especially if they are rather close. 

56-50 can only be down loaded so far. 

Last thing I want to do is damage a club’s targets. 

5 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The lightest bullet it will feed reliably. is 320 grains. They can be hard on targets. Especially if they are rather close. 

56-50 can only be down loaded so far. 

Last thing I want to do is damage a club’s targets. 

The targets are relatively close and we appreciate you not wanting to damage them. Damaged targets can be dangerous to shooters and spectators. 

Thanks 

Randy 

Looking more and more likely for a soggy Saturday. I sure hope hurricane Delta slows down or takes a turn west, but it doesn’t look good.  I better dig my poncho out!

Yo Randy Saint Eagle take care of our good friend Knot Hardly Dunn.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

17 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Yo Randy Saint Eagle take care of our good friend Knot Hardly Dunn.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Joe, I was able to get the Bunkhouse Boss to take me to the range for a little while yesterday and got to see him and Sadie. It was great to see lots of Cowgirls and Cowboys at the range. Last I heard we were up to 176 shooter, not bad considering the way this year has been. That's the only time I'll be able to make it this year but I hope everyone shoots well and has a GREAT time. I also hope the weather slows down a little and doesn't roll in until late Saturday.

Thanks

Randy

Archived