SASS Wire Forum

Woman avoids gator attack!

Another good reason to have a concealed carry permit.

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.

Here's her story in her own words:

"While walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house in the Villages, discussing a property settlement with my soon-to-be ex-husband, and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12 foot alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water. It began charging us with its large jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive."

"If I had not had my little Ruger .22 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today! Just one shot to my estranged husband's kneecap was all it took. The gator got him easily, and I was able to escape by just waking away at a brisk pace. The amount I saved in attorney fees was really incredible, and his life insurance was also a big bonus!"

... okay, I laughed entirely too hard at that one ...
Ya got me hook line and sinker!

Pictures! We need pictures!

53 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

OK.

image.png.d36787ec25a0b95e737619aa89b6a6da.png

image.png.4c04a3f590ee5e2042563540cc2dfce1.png

Thanks Injun Rider pictures are worth a thousand words!!!

I went hiking with a lady friend over the weekend, and we were in bear country. We took her car to the trailhead, where we actually saw some bear hunters on the logging road along the way. During the hike I noticed she was lagging behind a bit, and I reminded her to stick close because of the risk of bears. She said "Aww.... do you really care about me that much?". I said "No, I just don't want to have to chase the bear around all afternoon waiting for it to crap out your car keys!".

Was that mean? <_<

Archived