SASS Wire Forum

The reasons I buy raffle tickets....

Grizzly Dave

1- To help out worthy causes like the Happy Trails Children's Foundation, SASS Scholarship Fund, etc etc.

2-  SOMETIMES YOU WIN!

I bought a few raffle tickets at Winter Range to benefit the Happy Trails Children's Foundation.  I figured at the time I was just making a donation and had pretty well forgotten about it.  Fast forward to earlier this week, I got a call from Dutch at HT telling me I'd won the grand prize for that drawing!

A pair of consecutive serial number AWA Peacekeepers in 45 Colt, Nickel, with 4.75 in barrels.

and

A holster set made by none other than Bob Brown the world renowned leather artist!  It has Sterling Silver buckles and tips, and is said to probably be the last rig he made before he passed.

120731164_10215107243594533_3759989169090373573_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=f1zox6ufDZMAX-yOjGA&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-2.fna&oh=3053138eaea9372a1fd9c354a72ead10&oe=5F9F33E2

2 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Heck, that's worth switching to B-Western!

Might be tough losing enough weight to fit into that rig though!  Eight holes of adjustment, 39/40 to the middle two.  It is a handsome rig though!

1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well I'll be straight up with you. I enter raffles for one reason and that's cuz I want to win the prize.

When I believe in a cause, I donate.

Phantom

Fair enough.

I typically buy $100 worth of tickets at most annuals I go to. It’s a fundraiser for the club. I B almost always Ld put at least one ticket in every bucket.  Over the years I’ve won 13 guns (once won 3 at one match!) and numerous other items. I’m thinking I’m ahead of the game! 

Congratulations Grizz, those look great.

I am like you, I buy to support the local event, occasionally I win. If I expected to win I would never enter raffles or play the lottery.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Congratulations Grizz, those look great.

I am like you, I buy to support the local event, occasionally I win. If I expected to win I would never enter raffles or play the lottery.

Ah, interesting. Expecting to win a lottery vs Desiring to win... One would be a fool to expect to win ... Unless they purchased all the available tickets. But at the same time we'd have to be fools to believe that folks don't desire to win when they purchase a percentage (however small), if the available tickets.

On 10/3/2020 at 6:51 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well I'll be straight up with you. I enter raffles for one reason and that's cuz I want to win the prize.

When I believe in a cause, I donate.

Phantom

Its both for me... I had a streak once and won 4 guns in about 15 months!  I sold the guns and upgraded my equipment! I like winning things too - sometimes I will buy raffle tickets but if there is not really something I want, I just won't put tickets in... 

Hugs!

Scarlett

On 10/4/2020 at 10:18 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Ah, interesting. Expecting to win a lottery vs Desiring to win... One would be a fool to expect to win ... Unless they purchased all the available tickets. But at the same time we'd have to be fools to believe that folks don't desire to win when they purchase a percentage (however small), if the available tickets.

Can't help it can ya.  

If nobody "gives a Cr*p", then why do you list wins in your sig?

11 hours ago, Stump Water said:

Can't help it can ya.  

If nobody "gives a Cr*p", then why do you list wins in your sig?

Try to be specific. Can't help what??

Notice how your input was nothing but an attack on my stating a thought... An opinion. One that didn't attack anyone else's position nor opinion. Way to go there "Pard"...

And I don't need to explain my signature lines to ya... They're sufficiently simple as I write then so that an 8 year old can understand them.

Cheers!!

Archived