SASS Wire Forum

Chickamauga Slim

20200930_183140.thumb.jpg.07d310fe82dcf0f93926ae7f3dbd4cbc.jpg

I won't let this go unsaid. This has go to be among the most beautiful cowboy ranges anywhere on earth, and it's all due to a man who doesn't get near enough credit.

Thank you Charlie Bowdre, aka Preston Sweeney. He made all of this possible, the rest of us reap the rewards of his labor of love. It's an honor & a privilege to be a part of his club.

Had the pleasure of meeting Charlie a few times over the years, very good man, extremely generous, and a great advocate of CAS. Looking forward to getting there next week. 

Met Charlie and Sassy Lora in 2002 at "Shootout at Nason Mines" when I had them and several other Tennessee shooters on my posse. He told me about his little range and invited me to come and shoot. I first went in 2003 and have been nearly every year since. Great area, great range, and the greatest people.

Charlie Bowdre is one of the top hands in all of SASS!

I’ve had the privilege and pleasure of traveling and shooting many matches with him. His guidance and generosity are unmatched in our game and his humor and humility make him one of those people whose friendship is forever treasured!!

I won’t get to shoot with my friends at Wartrace this weekend, but I’ll be there tomorrow to wish them well and to get another glimpse of one of the finest venues in all of SASS!!

THANKS, CHARLIE!!

Archived