SASS Wire Forum

Another shipping WTH???

Clay Mosby

Ordered an item online, coming from overseas. It arrived in Bloomington, CA on the 29th, down in the LA area. Over the next 36 hours it went from Bloomington to LA to Bloomington to LA to Bloomington and finally yesterday made it to Sacramento. I might actually receive it today. Sheesh!

On 8/19  I ordered a car cover from Amazon for the Miata.  Free shipping for Prime* members!  ^_^

Received confirmation the next day - delivery would be in 10 - 21 days.  What??

Clicked on the "Tracking" button and got the message that "shipper may have tracking information."

Ten days later (beginning of "delivery window") I contacted shipper for tracking info ~ shipper replied "since you chose free shipping there may be multiple carriers involved and no tracking is available; expect delivery on 9/17"

On 9/24 I contacted the shipper** and was advised that I should have received it on the 17th - would I like a refund or to re-order?

I replied that I would really like to receive the product, but could shipping be expedited?

Their response:  "We have sent another car cover into production. Due to social distancing at the manufacturing facility the build time has increased. We estimate your replacement will be ready to ship in 5-10 days. We thank you for your patience as we all work through this pandemic. We are working as fast and as safe as possible to deliver your product. We thank you for your patience."

I'd wanted it for the blistering hot and intense sunny days of late summer.  It might be here by Halloween.  Pumpkin

*Evidently there is "Amazon Prime" expedited free shipping, and NON-Prime free shipping for Prime members that is not expedited - just free for the buyer and cheap for the provider.

** The vendor, it turns out, is some outfit called "GoFastParts."  They don't.  -_-

Same thing happens to stuff routed through Denver. It can spend up to 5 days gouing back and forth between Denver, Commerce City, and Aurora. Then it frequently goes right by me down to Aztec NM before finally getting here.

My wife had a Bed Bath and Beyond order from Texas take 8 days. Texas to NM, back to Texas, over to NM, over to AZ, back to NM, and finally here.

Crazy stuff. Blame it on Corona.

The beer, not the virus.

I'll add my 0.02.

I ordered a 14" skillet to go with my cookware set.  It arrived with the handle sticking out of the box.  I returned it for replacement because the handle had become damaged in transit.  A couple of days later, I received another skillet.  The driver stood the box on end, causing the skillet to slide back into the box.  Yes, the handle had broken through the box again in exactly the same place.  I returned it for a refund because it was damaged also.  If they can't package their items better than that, I'm not interested. 

thumbnail-6.jpg.076c86719046eb76827b86aaa16ec19d.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't do enough research to realize that the shirt I ordered was coming from China. If I had I wouldn't have ordered it. The message is very US patriotic, but if I had been diligent i would have passed. Oh well. It is supposed to be delivered today.

I order many things all the time from Amazon for 4 years now. I NEVER pay for shipping if orders are $25 or more. I signed up for a FREE trial of Prime and used it twice, but they wanted ?? $13.95 a month, whether you bought anything or not. PHOOEY!! Canceled after my trial period. I always just click the FREE shipping box and usually get my stuff in 3-5 days. Sometimes my order shows up in 1 day (who knew) maybe they like me. 

Archived