SASS Wire Forum

President and First Lady positive for China Virus

Raylan

I still wish they had kept him in the hospital for at least one more day.  There are possibilities for rebounds.  I know he feels good, but this thing is nothing to fool with.

Anyway, continued prayers up for continued recovery, Mr. President! :FlagAm:

All you Pards stay well! Wear the damned masks!

19 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I still wish they had kept him in the hospital for at least one more day.  There are possibilities for rebounds.  I know he feels good, but this thing is nothing to fool with.

Anyway, continued prayers up for continued recovery, Mr. President! :FlagAm:

All you Pards stay well! Wear the damned masks!

No reason not to send him home. He has a well-staffed medical room down the hall.

And the typical trajectory for the illness is after initial symptoms and a rebound, it can go south after 10 to 14 days. So may as well go home, and report how he feels in another week.

20 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

that's tight, be careful but do not let the virus dominate your life.  Do not fear it.

There's fear and there's concern. I am concerned. And cautious. That's how I've lived this long.

21 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

There's fear and there's concern. I am concerned. And cautious. That's how I've lived this long.

Given a choice between accepting risk and living, or eliminating risk and existing, I choose to live rather than merely exist.

That said, I minimize contacts, mask when it seems reasonable but will still bail from a public venue if it does not feel "right."

My county has about 0.2% current infections, which is likely off by an order of magnitude. So 2% of the county is currently infected. About 3% of the county has had it, so likely 30% total... Which is not herd immunity by at least half.

Be safe out there, and try your best to be in the 20 to 30% who did not get it by the time we get to herd immunity.

In my home county, just outside of Nashville,TN, the infection rate is below 2% and the deaths in the county amount to .02% of the population.

I travel to Nashville at least twice a week. I wear a mask where I’m required to. I go to the county seat a couple times a week as well.  No mask mandate, but some businesses do ask that you wear one. Most of the time, I comply.

None of my family has been infected so far.  I only know of a couple of people in my largest circle who have been infected and I know neither of those personally. I know of quite a few folks who have been exposed and none of them have been infected either.

Luck? Caution? Both? 

im pleased he is back , im also concerned we have heard nothing of the first lady BUT our press has been so anti/negative/biased they would never treat her fair no matter what ,   

ive been offended by all that wished the ill , by all that wished him dead - in BOs entire term , as much as i hated what he was doing , i never once wished him or his family ill , never wished him dead , i respected the elected president that i did not vote for , i will again im sure 

i do not understand americans that cannot respect our constitutional system , i look at them as those that would wish to overthrow it and i cannot abide that 

The boy/man my wife gets off in the morning and watches when he comes back came down with it ,also his Mom. Wife did  the test, came back negative thank goodness. Our Doc said that she dodged a bullet with just the right circumstances falling in the right order. She's  been home ,no work since a week this Thursday. Neither of us are feeling odd:blink::o:blush:

Archived