SASS Wire Forum

Florida State Match - "Ides Of "November" - Who's Comin'?

Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L

Well, it looks like there are less than 50 Days before the start of the Florida State Championship with the Lake County Pistolaros.  While officially called the Ides of March, or just "Ides", I have taken to calling it the "Ides of November" :lol: to distinguish it from the Ides of March in 2021 when discussing travel plans with my better half.  We were able to shuffle our life around a bit (not that it wasn't already in shambles from all of the Covid-19 excrement) and we are ready to hit the road.  OK, not completely ready, need to load ammo, check out the guns 'cause they haven't been used since Dark Day, prep the truck, and all the rest, but I am really looking forward to the escape from my incarceration here in Maryland! :ph34r:  Lil even made some Cowboy Themed masks on the chance they will be required down there like they still are up here.

Not having see a thread on this match yet, I figured I would start a Who's Coming thread.  Since the theme is Tombstone, let me start by saying...

tombstone-kurt-russel-you-tell-them-im-c

Oops, Lil's Coming With Me, not Hell.  :blush:  Well maybe Hell, (if I don't finish my to-do list) but I'm coming anyway.  :P  Now were the heck did I find that meme generator.....

See You All In November!

Dogmeat Dad & Lil Feathers

13 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Not going to be there but hope to see you at Dark Days.

Absolutely!  We will miss seeing you at the Ides, but have Dark Day on our schedule as well and look forward to again shooting with all of our fellow Sooty Pards!

For us, with the travel distance being about 950 miles, we always liked having the Darkness Falls/Dark Day on one weekend and the Ides of March the next weekend, but I certainly understand the need/desire to split them up.  We have been attending the Florida State match since probably about 2006/7, first when it was Last Stand in Orlando, then the Siege in St. Augustine, then when it was at the Ides.  We missed the next year when it moved to Tallahassee due to schedule conflicts, (our life requires planning 12-18 months in advance and contains several black-out periods as well), but are looking forward to it being back in Eustis/Tavares/Leesburg.

I'm planning on coming.  I'll help spot.  We are going to shoot the S.C. State match near Charleston and then wander down to Florida for Ides the next weekend.  Having a camper makes life so much easier.  Being retired helps too.

See you there.

Well, that makes 5 of us!  Me, Lil, Badlands Bob, Preacherman and I will assume his ever present side-kick Waimea will be there.  Almost halfway to a whole posse!

Glad to see you are healing up Preacherman.  I always said you could beat me with one hand tied behind your back, but with one foot cast is concrete, I might have a chance!  Maybe...     And just to set the record straight, I was no where near Florida when you got run over!  :lol:

wpe4dbdb26_0f.jpg

Hopefully, the rest will be along shortly...

Wow!! How'd you know what this feels like? No walking for over 3 months and no shootin', no doubt has slowed me down a mite. However, I'll be there God willin' wit guns a blazin'! Can't wait to see all of our friends. Preacherman

I'ma planning on loading up the wagon and headin' that way.  I'll be following ole Badlands Bob and Brisket.  If we both don't show up you'll know ole Bob's done reprogrammed his GPS to Portuguese again! :lol:

Kajun

23 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I'm planning on coming.  I'll help spot.  We are going to shoot the S.C. State match near Charleston and then wander down to Florida for Ides the next weekend.  Having a camper makes life so much easier.  Being retired helps too.

See you there.

YEP +1

Aw and I will be there and we are bringing High Cotton Kitty with us.

I'll be there. It will be my first major match. Everyone up here in the Florida panhandle says that they always put on a great match down there. I'm really looking forward to shooting the Wild Bunch side match too. It will be great to meet some shooters from other parts of the country.

Yaa-Hoo!  Looks like we got us a Posse!  Looking forward to seeing those of you I have met again, and meeting those of you I haven't.  I have no doubt it will be a great match, as always.

14 hours ago, Preacherman said:

Wow!! How'd you know what this feels like? No walking for over 3 months and no shootin', no doubt has slowed me down a mite. However, I'll be there God willin' wit guns a blazin'! Can't wait to see all of our friends. Preacherman

I know exactly what it feels like.  I busted my ankle playing ball way back in '81.  Took two screws, a pin, and 14 weeks in a cast.  I thought someone cut off my leg and replaced it with a 4x4 and a cinder block.  They ultimately pulled the pin and one of the screws but that last one, I swear it can predict snow!  My best advice, Do The Physical Therapy, and keep doing it, forever!

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

I'll be there.

Might even bring some lead nuggets to sell.

Waimea

I think you need to keep about 50 pounds of those nuggets on you personally at all times, sort of level the gravitational playing field with a great many of us! :D

Yea, I now got 3 screws in my heel. I don't know yet if I'll be able to predict the weather here in FL. If that works out maybe I can get a job at it, can't do worse than those now getting paid to do it!

19 minutes ago, Preacherman said:

Yea, I now got 3 screws in my heel. I don't know yet if I'll be able to predict the weather here in FL. If that works out maybe I can get a job at it, can't do worse than those now getting paid to do it!

Waimea could certainly use an accurate hurricane predictor.  He's had a few mishaps.

I have registered and plan to be there, but being the new guy at the steel mill and hunting season open, it’s going to be a crap shoot.

I need some of them lead nuggets Waimea is bringing’.

I match I'd like to attend.  We've got a small RV now...drop the wife off in Georgia to visit the grandkids as I head on into Florida?

18 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I match I'd like to attend.  We've got a small RV now...drop the wife off in Georgia to visit the grandkids as I head on into Florida?

Sounds like a plan to me!  Now you just need to convince the wife.  If she's like mine, then it should be no issue at all.

Me:  "Honey, how'd you like to visit the grand kids for a week?" B)

Wife:  "When?" :)

Me: "Mid-November, or there about.  I was thinking I'd leave you there and go to a cowboy shoot" :rolleyes:

Wife:  "Wait, what?  You are planning to leave me at with the grandkids for week without you?" :o

Me:  "Well, it was just an idea..." :blush:

Wife  "Awesome!  Can we make it two weeks?"  :D

Although I have only spent time in Florida during the dead winter, early spring, or peak summer months, the weather should be really nice down there in November.  Well, perfect as long as Waimea doesn't bring a hurricane with him.  :P

yep   

14 hours ago, Lash Toru said:

Raven MADD and I are coming. 

I look forward to bumping elbows with you again in Florida, assuming that's still allowed! :P  I have missed seeing you at the Mason Dixon since the dates changed.

21 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

yep   

Succinct, and to the point, as always!  Probably why you shoot so dang fast!

14 hours ago, Null N. Void said:

See ya there!

The more, the merrier! 

3 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Is there a website for the match?

Howdy,

They have a webpage that is part of the ActionShootingNetwork but it doesn't seem to get updated too frequently.  Applications are available on the left hand panel of the page, but I have included links below.

https://actionshootingnetwork.com/lcp/

They also have a FaceBook page that seems more current, but I don't do FaceBook so I can only see what is on the public portion of the page.

FaceBook - Lake County Pistoleros

There is probably some other info out there that I am not aware of.  Some of the dates on these pages still reference the original March 2020 dates, but just substitute November for March and the dates all work out.

Links to the Applications are below...

Application and Waiver

Sponsor Application

Vendor Application

As with all of the bigger matches this year, they are likely struggling to remain in compliance with the constantly changing Federal and State Covid guidelines.  Consequently, things will likely remain somewhat in flux until the day of the match, but as the situation in Florida seems to be improving, I am hopeful that things will get even better as we get closer to Match Day.

Ok how about an physical address where the shoot will take place to go watch?  I am on the SE Coast of FL and want to see if it is close enough to go visit and see the tournament and any vendors. 

15 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Ok how about an physical address where the shoot will take place to go watch?  I am on the SE Coast of FL and want to see if it is close enough to go visit and see the tournament and any vendors. 

Address was included in the application, and probably on the website somewhere, but here it is...

Match is held at the Eustis Gun Club – 12950 Frankies Rd, Tavares, FL 32778

14 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

About a 3 hour drive.

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

About a 3 hour drive.

Three Hours?  Isn't that what they told Gilligan...

gilligans-island-shirt-skippers-boat-tou

Besides, Three Hours Ain't Nothing.  We are coming from Maryland, that's 867miles and about 13 1/2 hours!  :o

Actually, we will be in Dunedin for the week before the match so it's will only take us a little over 2 hours to get there.  :rolleyes:

Looking Forward To It!

21 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Address was included in the application, and probably on the website somewhere, but here it is...

Match is held at the Eustis Gun Club – 12950 Frankies Rd, Tavares, FL 32778

Thanks. Thought it might be closer.  Enjoy 

Is there a schedule posted anywhere?

Archived