SASS Wire Forum

~ The Chronicle ~

Have y'all read the new Chronicle?  :)

Changes are a-comin'!  

EOT's moving?  Winter Range to be "retired?"  New National Championship match in Oklahoma...?  

Okay ~ gotta re-fill my coffee mug and get back to reading!  ^_^

Edit:  Here's the Chronicle link:   https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/20eChron/20OctChron.pdf

They’ve moved the world championships even further from most of the nation.  Well, it’s the world championship. I guess it’ll be easier to fly into Phoenix for those international competitors.

National Championship In Oklahoma. Much more centrally located! GOOD MOVE!!

Central Office a few miles from where it has been for the last few years.  Probably would have been better for everything, business wise, to have moved to a city that is a media center.  It would improve the possibility of more media exposure!!

Hopefully, this is not the last of the changes we will see.  Even more hopefully, this will improve the business side of the organization and the visibility of our game!!

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And the SASS Headquarters moved off of Founder's Ranch?

Looks like we have a complete separation of SASS operations and events from the now-retired WB....

LL

SASS headquarters was never on Founders Ranch, it was in Edgewood, New Mexico.

I wonder what time period in the year the new EOT will be. June at Founders Ranch must have been hot, dusty and uncomfortable.

I spent a few months living near there back in 1988. June was hot and miserable.

I mean no disrespect to the area, but SASS headquarters is still out in the middle of nowhere! 

If Founder’s Ranch was sold and the business offices were relocated to a location in a media or business hub, the organization would be miles and DOLLARS ahead!!

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I mean no disrespect to the area, but SASS headquarters is still out in the middle of nowhere! 

If Founder’s Ranch was sold and the business offices were relocated to a location in a media or business hub, the organization would be miles and DOLLARS ahead!!

Maybe those who run the organization like the middle of nowhere more than the middle of media? I know I sure do, hope to never inhabit a cubicle farm again.

On edit: But other than that, I do agree with you.

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Wondering about the future of the Ranch...   Cowboy

wondering about the future of SASS 

Just thinking that the timing of the retirement of The Wild Bunch from SASS Board of Directors,and the move of the SASS offices from Founders Ranch is just the beginning of more changes to come.

As has been said before,the Ranch is a considerable investment that probably would never show any dividends until sold.

Just a thought.

Choctaw

So, surely I'm not the first one to think of this, but I seem to recall some things at Founder's Ranch that were put there as a result of donations, specifically a Memorial Chapel. It seemed to make sense to put it there, since End of Trail has always been a sort of Mecca for CAS shooters. So what becomes of it now? Dismantle it and move it? Fall into disrepair? Or is it part of the "Founder's Ranch facility rental" that will bring in money, but not be useful to your typical CAS shooter ever again? I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything, but unless there is something I'm missing, this seems like a bum deal for those who contributed and put their faith and their love out there to make it happen. 

Well, just might be able to make that shoot in Oklahoma! A pard of mine has some relatives in the area and they may house us! We'll see. It's a heckuva lot shorter of a ride!!!

Looking back at the move to New Mexico my observation is....no matter where they move anything a group will be happy and another will be on the complaint wagon! No matter whats done they will never satisfy everyone. So we all need to move on and embrace the changes for what they are, changes.

Ike

33 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Looking back at the move to New Mexico my observation is....no matter where they move anything a group will be happy and another will be on the complaint wagon! No matter whats done they will never satisfy everyone. So we all need to move on and embrace the changes for what they are, changes.

Ike

"Changes aren't permanent, but change is." I think it is important to accept that change happens. I don't believe it is necessary to rant and rail against the inevitable, but it is certainly reasonable to question reasons for doing so, examine the consequences of doing so, and looking at it as a learning tool.

Archived