SASS Wire Forum

EOT moving to Phoenix

Sidekick

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be retired by 2022, so time off won't be an issue for me.  I might need a few more bladder breaks during the drive by then, though.

Right now I do several 9 hour driving days for work.

Correct me Rattlesnake Slim, if I am speaking incorrectly...

The name Winter Range will go into retirement.

That name will now take the name EOT.

Nationals will no longer be Winter Range...

I suspect that the new name for Nationals might keep the name of Land Run?

Big changes, and in my opinion, good changes.

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Thats the way I understood what Misty wrote.

I cant see the Territorial Marshals changing the Name, so I also assume that Land Run will continue.

But now as the National Championship.

Which sound Great to Me !

4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I hope they don't retain Land Run"... That's a very territorial reference and not in line with a National Championship.

21 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

I'll be retired by 2022, so time off won't be an issue for me.  I might need a few more bladder breaks during the drive by then, though.

Right now I do several 9 hour driving days for work.

I remember car trips as a boy child and my dad would pass the coke bottles into the back seat. Might be a little more difficult now, though.

11 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I hope they don't retain Land Run"... That's a very territorial reference and not in line with a National Championship.

The Original "Land Run" event was definitely a National or really even an International Event.... 

14 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

But my friend in purple...

Did not Nationalities from ALL OVER participate in the historic Oklahoma Land Run???

Not saying that is what name will be chosen...assumption on my part. (And yes...you can leave out the old saying)

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

But my friend in purple...

Did not Nationalities from ALL OVER participate in the historic Oklahoma Land Run???

Not saying that is what name will be chosen...assumption on my part. (And yes...you can leave out the old saying)

Yes, many participated in that... Event. However that does negate that Land Run is primarily associated with a specific region of the U.S.

22 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

2 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yes, many participated in that... Event. However that does negate that Land Run is primarily associated with a specific region of the U.S.

Oh my Phantom...how I miss you!!!

That could be said for many parts of our country!!!

Missed you at CAC last week!

3 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I hope these moves will only bring in more shooters that couldn't or didn't want to travel as far west as NM or Phx. I did get out to WR in '17, but had to fly. Not that much of a deal but it may be for some folks. OKC does seem like more of a central location though.

We have debated going to wr but for our family it would use our entire shooting budget for the year.   Oklahoma just may be doable

Oh Phantom.... Using that logic since End Of Trail implies that the Trail Ends at a specific location,

then EOT is also specific in it's region thus Not Inclusive to the rest of the Country.

Like my Mom use to tell me when I never agreed to anything....

"You just like to argue for the sake of Arguing don't Cha"  :lol:

25 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh my Phantom...how I miss you!!!

That could be said for many parts of our country!!!

Missed you at CAC last week!

Would have loved to have been there...

I just think that if a club is putting on a National (or World), Championship that the name should more regionally ambiguous.

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

LOL, you might find the back seat of my Camaro a tad cramped (Sharyn would be with me) and some folks object to driving 90 mph.  I never have understood why, it's only half the car's rated speed.

I thought Sharyn rode in the trunk? Has that changed? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I just think that if a club is putting on a National (or World), Championship that the name should more regionally ambiguous.

Respectfully disagree. There’s a lot of “brand equity” with Land Run. It’s been a nationally known event for years going back before it became the SW Regional. It’s a non issue from my perspective. 

my 2 cents, nothing more. 

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

McMahon Line? I hear a range opened up there recently.

Exactly, and it is most definitely regionally ambiguous.

But this sport is about the fantasy Old West as portrayed by Hollywood. So while my Tequila-fueled comment is not on point, proposing a name from a well-known Hollywood Western would be a reasonable suggestion. Even if the name of that "location" came from a line in a movie filmed in Italy. I would see that as appropriate not that I have given the same consideration you have to the current chosen name. Maybe next year?

Excited here for Oklahoma, can be there in a day.

4 hours ago, Assassin said:

Are they going to build 

berms or walls at Ben Avery in order to allow for downrange movement or continue with 8 stages of lateral movement? 

Bay 6 at BASF has usually been a down range stage, as well as Coozie's.

2 of the 12 for down range....

12 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Bay 6 at BASF has usually been a down range stage, as well as Coozie's.

2 of the 12 for down range....

So, they only have two bays with down range movement. Shows how much I pay attention, only been there 7-8 times since 1998. I'm spoiled all of our local ranges have berms and we have lots of movement both laterally and downrange. 

7 minutes ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

You Baja Okies have that issue.

Hope you are referring that I am from Texas....Even that I have a lot of family there....This old good looking Lizard lives a little south of you....But I wish I lived somewhere else...

Texas Lizard

17 hours ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Oh Phantom.... Using that logic since End Of Trail implies that the Trail Ends at a specific location,

then EOT is also specific in it's region thus Not Inclusive to the rest of the Country.

Like my Mom use to tell me when I never agreed to anything....

"You just like to argue for the sake of Arguing don't Cha"  :lol:

Logic isn't your strong point... Is it?

Rhetorical...

This End of Trail... Can you tell me where that is exactly? Please be specific. 

And the irony is that I simply stated a thought...an opinion. It was you that decided to make it an argument... So I can sympathize with your mother;)

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Logic isn't your strong point... Is it?

Rhetorical...

This End of Trail... Can you tell me where that is exactly? Please be specific. 

And the irony is that I simply stated a thought...an opinion. It was you that decided to make it an argument... So I can sympathize with your mother;)

Well I Know its Not in Oklahoma .... Cuz Thats where Land Run Is!  :D

And Yep. I gave my Mom a Real Hard Time, She was a Saint !!! :wub:

Dang Phantom..... I Was Wrong, "End of the Trail " IS in Oklahoma......

In Fact It's in the Same Building that the Banquet for the SASS National Championship will be in starting in 2022

Here it Is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ddef0cbf5512af09a766b139b047fe8a.jpg.7cacc697270eadbe8c6a976e5c102c1b.jpg

14 hours ago, Assassin said:

So, they only have two bays with down range movement. Shows how much I pay attention, only been there 7-8 times since 1998. I'm spoiled all of our local ranges have berms and we have lots of movement both laterally and downrange. 

I missed the Fort...also down range

On 10/1/2020 at 11:34 AM, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

Ok just read that national championship will be in Oklahoma,  guess I won't be competing. 

Everything in life has a plus and a minus. One man's loss is another man's gain. Some who couldn't attend before, can now, and vise versa.

Archived