SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose Gun Cart Raffle Update ALL GONE

Hellbender

Sorry Folks all 300 tickets have been sold.

Howdy Folks,

First I want to thank all of you who have made donations to help us rebuild our hurricane-destroyed cowboy town in Lake Charles, Louisiana, either by making outright donations or by buying one or more of only 300 $10 raffle tickets for a chance to win a Yule Lose gun cart, or both in some cases.  We have raised a lot of money by donations but not nearly enough so please, if you haven't already donated (by outright donation or by buying chances at the gun cart, or both) please help us out.  If you missed the video of the destroyed town, please look on the Wire for the post titled "Cowboy Town in Louisiana Destroyed by Hurricane Laura." Currently it is on page

The print on the photo of the ticket shown below is a little blurry so here's what is says in case you have trouble reading it: This drawing is for a custom build Cowboy Action Gun Cart.  The winner will have their choice of one of these carts that Yul builds.  the Express model (open upper cabinet), the Stagecoach model (long guns load from the back of the cabinet), the Gambler (two front doors on upper cabinet).  Wood species are up to the winner and limited to black walnut and lesser grades of hardwood.  The winner will receive Yul's choice of wheels on this cart as well as leather seat cover color choice.  Slight design changes are available within reason (Yul's reason).  Custom leather work and medallions are not included and if winner desires these (items?) they will also be an additional cost to the winner.  the winning ticket will be drawn at the January 9, 2021at the Up the Creek Gang Club Match and the winner does not have to be present to win.  ALL raffle proceeds go to the Up the Creek Gang in Lake Charles, Louisiana.  They lost their range to the recent hurricane.  Transportation of the finished gun cart is solely the responsibility of the winner.  Only 300 tickets will be sold.  Donation $10.00.  Suggested Guncart value $2,500.

Here's a gun cart raffle update - Yul himself had 100 tickets to sell and he is sending me 200 tickets to sell (they will arrive here in Saturday's mail).  The raffle was only announced 7 days ago on the Wire and as of yesterday Yul has sold 30 tickets (he expects to sell the remainder very soon) and we have sold 60 tickets, so far to folks from around the country and none yet to our own club members (that will start real soon).  The drawing will be in January.  Any unsold tickets I still have later this month or in November I'll be taking to the SASS Louisiana State Championship in Sorrento LA on October 23,, to Hangin' at Coyote Creek in Amite LA on Nov 6 and to Defend the Fort in Groesbeck TX on November 20.  So now is the time to take advantage of this great opportunity to hopefully win one of Yul's fabulous gun carts for only $10 a chance!

You can donate either by mailing a check or using PayPal.  Either way, please indicate whether your donation is a pure donation or for purchase of gun cart tickets.

If by check: Please make out the check to Up the Creek Gang and mail it to our club's treasurer, Sparky Gal, to  Sparky Gal, 503 Moss St., Lake Charles, LA 70601

If by PayPay: Please send to my PayPal account:  flyingfrog2015@gmail.com.

Either way, please let us know both your alias and your real name, your mailing address, and your email address.

For tickets, I'll fill out the stubs with your name, address, and phone number, photograph the filled-out stubs before I put them with the others for the drawing, and send you the photo by email.  We're going to video the drawing (mixing of the stubs, drawing of the winning stub, and show a close-up of the winning stub).  After the drawing,  I'll call Yul and the lucky winner, and if the winner agrees, I'll post that video on the Wire.  Yul suggested to me to tell y'all that if the winner doesn't want the cart, he/she can donate it to the club for us to then have a silent auction for it, with the cart then going to the highest bidder.  I'm all for that.

Thanks for all your help.

Hellbender

President, Up the Creek Gang

ticket.jpeg

I’ll take a ticket. See you at DOFP! 

42 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’ll take a ticket. See you at DOFP! 

Thanks Hoss,

I'll save a ticket for you and bring it to DOFP and collect your 10 bucks from you then. Good luck!  Thanks again for your other donation- you were the very first to donate!

Hellbender

14 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks Hoss,

I'll save a ticket for you and bring it to DOFP and collect your 10 bucks from you then. Good luck!  Thanks again for your other donation- you were the very first to donate!

Hellbender

Hope I’m the first to win the guncart! 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

That would be great - I hope you win it!

Sent in my gold to buy some raffle tickets.

3 minutes ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Sent in my gold to buy some raffle tickets.

Thank you Arizona Gunfighter!  Good luck!

Hellbender

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

No offense, Hoss, but I hope you're not.  :)  However, if you do win it, at least I will be able to see it in person.  

I haven't bought my tickets yet, but will be in for ten.

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

A FEW times in the past I’ve pulled a second winning ticket, I’m not saying we’ll do it this time but there has been first and second winners.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

A FEW times in the past I’ve pulled a second winning ticket, I’m not saying we’ll do it this time but there has been first and second winners.

In that case 2nd place will be remembered. Sending my coin in for a ticket now.

2 hours ago, Salty Pawl said:

In that case 2nd place will be remembered. Sending my coin in for a ticket now.

Got it Salty Pawl.  Thanks a heap for helping us out!

Hellbender

In for a ticket! Thanks guys!

11 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

In for a ticket! Thanks guys!

Got it, thanks!  Please PM me your phone number - if you win I want to be sure to give you a call right away!

Hellbender

Bought 4, one for every shooter in my family.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:16 AM, Hellbender said:

Howdy Folks,

First I want to thank all of you who have made donations to help us rebuild our hurricane-destroyed cowboy town in Lake Charles, Louisiana, either by making outright donations or by buying one or more of only 300 $10 raffle tickets for a chance to win a Yule Lose gun cart, or both in some cases.  We have raised a lot of money by donations but not nearly enough so please, if you haven't already donated (by outright donation or by buying chances at the gun cart, or both) please help us out.  If you missed the video of the destroyed town, please look on the Wire for the post titled "Cowboy Town in Louisiana Destroyed by Hurricane Laura." Currently it is on page 3.

The print on the photo of the ticket shown below is a little blurry so here's what is says in case you have trouble reading it: This drawing is for a custom build Cowboy Action Gun Cart.  The winner will have their choice of one of these carts that Yul builds.  the Express model (open upper cabinet), the Stagecoach model (long guns load from the back of the cabinet), the Gambler (two front doors on upper cabinet).  Wood species are up to the winner and limited to black walnut and lesser grades of hardwood.  The winner will receive Yul's choice of wheels on this cart as well as leather seat cover color choice.  Slight design changes are available within reason (Yul's reason).  Custom leather work and medallions are not included and if winner desires these (items?) they will also be an additional cost to the winner.  the winning ticket will be drawn at the January 9, 2021at the Up the Creek Gang Club Match and the winner does not have to be present to win.  ALL raffle proceeds go to the Up the Creek Gang in Lake Charles, Louisiana.  They lost their range to the recent hurricane.  Transportation of the finished gun cart is solely the responsibility of the winner.  Only 300 tickets will be sold.  Donation $10.00.  Suggested Guncart value $2,500.

Here's a gun cart raffle update - Yul himself had 100 tickets to sell and he is sending me 200 tickets to sell (they will arrive here in Saturday's mail).  The raffle was only announced 7 days ago on the Wire and as of yesterday Yul has sold 30 tickets (he expects to sell the remainder very soon) and we have sold 60 tickets, so far to folks from around the country and none yet to our own club members (that will start real soon).  The drawing will be in January.  Any unsold tickets I still have later this month or in November I'll be taking to the SASS Louisiana State Championship in Sorrento LA on October 23,, to Hangin' at Coyote Creek in Amite LA on Nov 6 and to Defend the Fort in Groesbeck TX on November 20.  So now is the time to take advantage of this great opportunity to hopefully win one of Yul's fabulous gun carts for only $10 a chance!

You can donate either by mailing a check or using PayPal.  Either way, please indicate whether your donation is a pure donation or for purchase of gun cart tickets.

If by check: Please make out the check to Up the Creek Gang and mail it to our club's treasurer, Sparky Gal, to  Sparky Gal, 503 Moss St., Lake Charles, LA 70601

If by PayPay: Please send to my PayPal account:  flyingfrog2015@gmail.com.

Either way, please let us know both your alias and your real name, your mailing address, and your email address.

For tickets, I'll fill out the stubs with your name, address, and phone number, photograph the filled-out stubs before I put them with the others for the drawing, and send you the photo by email.  We're going to video the drawing (mixing of the stubs, drawing of the winning stub, and show a close-up of the winning stub).  After the drawing,  I'll call Yul and the lucky winner, and if the winner agrees, I'll post that video on the Wire.  Yul suggested to me to tell y'all that if the winner doesn't want the cart, he/she can donate it to the club for us to then have a silent auction for it, with the cart then going to the highest bidder.  I'm all for that.

Thanks for all your help.

Hellbender

President, Up the Creek Gang

ticket.jpeg

Hellbender, If, you'll hold me 3 tickets I'll put a check in the mail today.

Thanks

Randy

11 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Hellbender, If, you'll hold me 3 tickets I'll put a check in the mail today.

Thanks

Randy

Will do Randy, thanks!

40 minutes ago, Dusty Chaps, SASS #5925 said:

Just PayPal'd for two tix.

Go it!  Thanks for helping us out and good luck with the drawing!

Hellbender

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Snakejaw_Joe said:

Just sent a paypal for 2 tickets. Forgot to include my address info so I'll send in a PM on here if that's ok

Please see my PM.

Archived