SASS Wire Forum

Helen Reddy RIP

Rye Miles #13621

I remember the first time I heard her song "I am woman". I was just a kid. I always liked her. I guess I even had a crush on her.

I distinctly recall my Mom listening to the radio and that song came on and my Dad walked over and changed the station. My Mom changed it back. There were some harsh words spoken and then my Mom took the pot of chili she was making and dumped it in the sink and she told my Dad "Make your own damn lunch" and walked out. My Dad was an ass.

Yes, Ms. Reddy had an impact.

Rest In Peace, Helen Reddy. :(

One of those singers with an instantly recognizable voice, like Siantra or Streisand.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I remember the first time I heard her song "I am woman". I was just a kid. I always liked her. I guess I even had a crush on her.

I distinctly recall my Mom listening to the radio and that song came on and my Dad walked over and changed the station. My Mom changed it back. There were some harsh words spoken and then my Mom took the pot of chili she was making and dumped it in the sink and she told my Dad "Make your own damn lunch" and walked out. My Dad was an ass.

Yes, Ms. Reddy had an impact.

Rest In Peace, Helen Reddy. :(

In an interview a few years ago she told about the time she saw her name in an American history textbook. She said that is when she knew she had truly had an impact.

She was singing "standards" in the Rainbow Room With Stars at Radio City Music Hall in January 1966.  

She had gained a bit of weight (and who hasn't?) but the voice was still great.

Duffield

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Fantastic talent.   Thank you for sharing it with us, Ms. Reddy.  Rest in peace. 

She and Mack on the same day.   Make one heck of a dup.

I believe they were also born in the same year! :o

i liked her back in the day - i was never intimidated by the feminist movement - never had an issue with strong females , married one and never looked back for the last30 years , but then i got no problem with pink ........just never been my favorite color for clothes 

Archived