SASS Wire Forum

Pulled the pin today

So to speak.  Today, I retired from my Law Enforcement job, after 34 years of full time and 36 years total.  

I start in the morning at a local gun shop as manager.  

Working in Law Enforcement was a front seat at the greatest show on earth, but it's time to change to something else.  

enough - Copy.jpg

Congratulations! I hung it up after 26 years and only miss the people I worked with. Not dealing with the "questionable" members of society.

Good for you!

Looks like we share a retirement anniversary. Pulled my pin 6 years ago today!

I miss the clowns, but I don't miss the circus.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Been over 20 years ago I pulled the pin. It'll never leave ya. Now, you will begin working harder than you ever did!:lol:

Thank you for your service.

I read somewhere a semi-joking list of habits retiring LEOs have to change -- things like stop writing the badge number after signing something, stop unbuckling the seat belt a block away from where you're planning to stop, etc.

I'd guess it's kind of like retiring from the military -- you can leave the service, but the service never leaves you.

Congratulations....... and thank you for your service.

Enjoy your well earned retirement.

Love that picture!   But you ain't walking into the sunset but rather a new sunrise.

..........Widder

10 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

So to speak.  Today, I retired from my Law Enforcement job, after 34 years of full time and 36 years total.  

Working in Law Enforcement was a front seat at the greatest show on earth, but it's time to change to something else.  

enough - Copy.jpg

Thank you for your service!

Congrats!!  Thanks for being there for the rest of us!!

Best of luck in the new endeavor!

20 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Just be prepared to see more guns being pointed at you than in the entire 36 years you were an LEO. :wacko:

Seriously, enjoy your retirement and thank you for your long service to your community. :FlagAm:

Archived