SASS Wire Forum

Men's Eyes

Subdeacon Joe

12 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

Hey baby.  If you don't want that mess looked at, cover it up.  'Tain't rocket science.

It’s not quite that simplistic. 

My first wife had some knockout curves and was about 5’-4” tall.  It didn’t matter how she dressed.  Sometimes she’d rock the cleavage just to get a reaction and make me smile.  Most times she was quite modest to the point of almost hiding her curves.  It didn’t matter.

Men, with an average height near 6’, would go to great lengths to look past her face and eyes and go straight for the ta-tas.

As much as the marriage did not end well, I learned a valuable lesson about respectfully engaging women by making the conscious choice to look directly into their eyes, even before beginning the conversation.

However, an unintended consequence of that habit occurred when a female colleague, who I got along with quite well, made a comment about how “engaged” I was and always seemed to be interested in what she said.  She mentioned the constant eye contact, and we had the friendship that allowed me to tell her about my ex’s situation.  She chuckled and said she wished all men had my perspective.

Yes, I'm guilty of looking at women, and looks, and their curves. To be honest, an amazing pair of eyes can do wonders for me, something I've realized more and more with the mask mandates! But I have to say, I've gotten into more trouble from Mrs. Doc for looking at cars driven by women than anything else. I vividly recall a conversation where she told me to stop looking at a woman. I told her I was looking at the car. She didn't believe me. (This was after I had gotten my Neon R/T, and I'm a bit of a Neon enthusiast so don't judge, but bear with me). I replied that since it was a first generation coupe, with four wheel disk brakes, and what looked like 15" wheels and low profile tires, I was trying to figure out if it was an ACR (American Club Racer) or not. After she mentioned it, I did glance up and it was driven by a young attractive female. Mrs. Doc's response was something to the effect of "Fine, stop staring at the car, she thinks you're looking at her, and it's annoying me."

When Momma has a mission, you ain't no way gonna change the direction of the wind. 

46 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Yes, I'm guilty of looking at women, and looks, and their curves. To be honest, an amazing pair of eyes can do wonders for me, something I've realized more and more with the mask mandates! But I have to say, I've gotten into more trouble from Mrs. Doc for looking at cars driven by women than anything else. I vividly recall a conversation where she told me to stop looking at a woman. I told her I was looking at the car. She didn't believe me. (This was after I had gotten my Neon R/T, and I'm a bit of a Neon enthusiast so don't judge, but bear with me). I replied that since it was a first generation coupe, with four wheel disk brakes, and what looked like 15" wheels and low profile tires, I was trying to figure out if it was an ACR (American Club Racer) or not. After she mentioned it, I did glance up and it was driven by a young attractive female. Mrs. Doc's response was something to the effect of "Fine, stop staring at the car, she thinks you're looking at her, and it's annoying me."

See, the problem is, the ketchup isn't moving. The second something moves, our eyes lock on. Wolves are the same way.

Natural born hunters :lol:

12 minutes ago, Snakejaw_Joe said:

See, the problem is, the ketchup isn't moving. The second something moves, our eyes lock on. Wolves are the same way.

Ah!  That's why!  When they jiggle or wobble the movement is what draws our eyes! :lol:

I've got to remember that. :D

I guess I'm lucky,  my wife will point out good looking women to me.   I  enjoy looking,  she knows it, she enjoys me enjoying looking. 

A few days ago I was in a store and a woman was wearing a shirt with huge side cut outs.   Could see everything.   Why is it that almost invariably the ones who dress like that are like watching a car crash?  You really don't want to see it?

13 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Interesting turn this thread has taken.  Thanks for confirming my view of human nature. :D

A good friend of mine has a strong position that every discussion between men will always eventually devolve into one of three things: making whoopie, going to the bathroom, or existential/religion and morality.

The older I get the more I realize he's right :lol:

31 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Interesting turn this thread has taken.  Thanks for confirming my view of human nature. :D

Sorry Joe, we just thought it was more fun talking about wimmin' than ketchup. Had you posted a picture of steak sauce, well that'd been another matter...

42 minutes ago, Snakejaw_Joe said:

A good friend of mine has a strong position that every discussion between men will always eventually devolve into one of three things: making whoopie, going to the bathroom, or existential/religion and morality.

The older I get the more I realize he's right :lol:

24 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Sorry Joe, we just thought it was more fun talking about wimmin' than ketchup. Had you posted a picture of steak sauce, well that'd been another matter...

I had figured that it would take off on either a "Women can't see ..." or "who puts catsup in the fridge" direction.  That it drifted off in the most common direction is both expected and somewhat disappointing....I had thought this bunch had more creativity!  :D

Snakejaw, you left out beer and coffee.

15 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I had figured that it would take off on either a "Women can't see ..." or "who puts catsup in the fridge" direction.  That it drifted off in the most common direction is both expected and somewhat disappointing....I had thought this bunch had more creativity!  :D

Snakejaw, you left out beer and coffee.

Thats a good point, though I'd consider both coffee and beer as stepping stones to the final destination topic of going to the bathroom 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Ah!  That's why!  When they jiggle or wobble the movement is what draws our eyes! :lol:

I've got to remember that. :D

I guess I'm lucky,  my wife will point out good looking women to me.   I  enjoy looking,  she knows it, she enjoys me enjoying looking. 

A few days ago I was in a store and a woman was wearing a shirt with huge side cut outs.   Could see everything.   Why is it that almost invariably the ones who dress like that are like watching a car crash?  You really don't want to see it?

I'm like a cat even if it is not moving i might stare until it does. :ph34r:

Archived