SASS Wire Forum

Tonight’s debate...

Charlie Harley, #14153

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Please see my post to Phantom

Ok - I just took one man and another man debating - with the President being who he has always been (no surprise) and the other guy looking weak and impotent who tried, with the help of a biased moderator to get under the president's skin. Hence - you and I see it different per my original post. ;) In America we have people who call themselves "Republican", but in talk only - they are RINO types. That's all I will say as not to get into political discussion - happy day :) 

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Wasn’t a debate!

Wasn’t a moderator!!

Wasn’t worth watching!!!

14 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I'm not watching. I'll see the highlights tomorrow, if I'm so inclined.

Allie, there were no, what your referred to, "highlights"! :blink:

A moderator needs to have a microphone cut off switch. :P

16 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I prefer the earlier suggestion of shockcollars

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I've had my coffee and will head to FB now. I'm sure I'll see some lowlights there. There are people there who will post Joegaffes for sure.

Don't bother with reruns unless you just want to watch a food fight at an ACLF. There were no winners last night and the only real loser was the American people.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Hearing several make this suggestion.  However, I doubt both candidates would agree to cut off switches.

I figured that since I already know their positions and records, that I would spend the evening working on my reloading room, and finish the bench rebuild...  No TV or radio.

Biden was lying through his teeth! The reason Trump interrupts and comes off nasty is because he's fighting the whole entire media. I don't blame him one bit, he's a fighter and that's just what we need to keep these liberal communists from taking over our country! People complain about career politicians and we finally get a NON Politician and people complain about him! Unbelievable!

TRUMP 2020:FlagAm: 

12 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I remember several years ago someone said the time between the Conventions and Election Day is called, "The Silly Season."

Ray Appleton of Fresno's KMJ has said that for just about forever.  

I can think of stronger and more appropriate terms.  <_<

Watched the first 15 minutes of the debate while I hand loaded some high velocity rounds, but then turned it off and opted instead for silence.

Anyone else bothered that neither of these two buffoons have what it takes to run a country so great as ours? We get to choose between a walking temper-tantrum time bomb and a half-dead corpse with linguistic issues.

What we need right now is the quiet confidence of an Eisenhower. Anyone know of a way to reanimate any of the great deceased US presidents?

Eh... I guess its a good thing reloading is my therapy... <_< guess I'm reloading another couple boxes tonight :lol:

Well the debate commission is supposedly pushing for a mike cut off in the final two debates. Don't know that that is a solution. If we take moderator interuptions of the candidates as a stand in for mike cut offs - Wallace interupted Biden 15 times and Trump 76 times.  Cutting a candidates mike 76 times in a 90 minute debate seems a little bit excessive, especially if you only do it 15 times for the other candidate. Maybe if they do it so that mikes go on and off during each candidates time with the moderators mike going off also after asking the question so they can't interject themselves in the middle of the candidates response. 

Archived