SASS Wire Forum

IS IT JUST ME

I'll be posting pics of my Miroku '73 Shot Show special in my tuning thread. A truly beautiful  rifle, From the classic lines to the color case hardening to the upgraded walnut furniture, this gun rocks both history and modern technology. It is a work of art.

Might not post those pics until I am snowed in and working on it but you might want to cover your keyboard to avoid drool damage.

I think the solution to your attitude might be to spend some time at gun shops or on gun broker; Oh, and my daily carry Springfield Arms 1911 is pretty cool too, I put on thinner grips which got rid of a set of factory logos. Now it points right in my hands and, I dare say, looks even better.

Then there's the Marlin 1894 "Dark series", which I just heard of because it's on the cover of the October 2020 Guns & Ammo  mag.

Here's a pic:

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1894/model-1894-dark-series

A hideous thing, to me. You take a traditional cowboy-type lever action, paint the wood black, parkerize the metal black, and put on a rail and thread it for a suppressor.

And the G & A article says this, one of the most confounding things I've read about guns: "...many consumers saw them as highly useful rifles that were legal to own in places where AR-15s were not." Hard to get my head around that. If you can't have an AR, buy a lever action of a design over 130 years old and make it black? Suppose you could do that with a pump, a bolt action, or any other traditional rifle. 

So it's not actually about the AR, it's about the....black?

29 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Then there's the Marlin 1894 "Dark series", which I just heard of because it's on the cover of the October 2020 Guns & Ammo  mag.

Here's a pic:

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1894/model-1894-dark-series

A hideous thing, to me. You take a traditional cowboy-type lever action, paint the wood black, parkerize the metal black, and put on a rail and thread it for a suppressor.

And the G & A article says this, one of the most confounding things I've read about guns: "...many consumers saw them as highly useful rifles that were legal to own in places where AR-15s were not." Hard to get my head around that. If you can't have an AR, buy a lever action of a design over 130 years old and make it black? Suppose you could do that with a pump, a bolt action, or any other traditional rifle. 

So it's not actually about the AR, it's about the....black?

Who knows Red. Hard to cipher what goes down as value to the buying public. 

I agree that the Dark Series has no appeal at all. 

Another interesting thing is that today is the day that Ruger offically took over ownership of Marlin.

I went to the Marlin and looked at the offered inventory. Several models were not listed. 

The 39A was noticably absent. Correction, you can order one from the custom shop. 

ED: I just noticed that Savage has a rifle offering with a BLACK BOLT. So maybe Black is the trigger word

Archived