SASS Wire Forum

Any safe crackers in the Saloon?

Charlie Harley, #14153

Grampa said with enough money and a big hammer you can do anything.  I got a big hammer.  Some of you guys with lots of money...I’ll split 50-50. 

What do you say?

:lol:

The problem is getting it out of the building.

After that, a few cutoff wheels on a grinder would get it open. Really, a lock is just another way in.

If it was local, I would tackle it just for fun. Oh, form the article...

The previous owner of the house (passed away) dealt in gold.

Hire piano movers! True professional movers would get it out in a heartbeat! This guy's too cheap to hire a mover! What a jerk!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Hire piano movers! True professional movers would get it out in a heartbeat! This guy's too cheap to hire a mover! What a jerk!

When I was in grad school half a century ago, we all helped each other move. We were in Computer Science.  So six geeks could not get an upright into the apartment.  Along came a telephone repairman, problem solved.

I'd say the movers solution is best.  I saw a nine hundred pound pipe organ moved UP a flight of stairs with a landing half way up.  I'd have bet it couldn't be done, but they did.  Organ and pipes were separated first, but still.....

My second choice would be a good man with  torch and some time on his hands.

Get a good cutter, and get it open in the room where it is now.  If there is a treasure in it, you will be able to afford to pay somebody to fix the hole in the wall that you chainsaw out in order to wheel the empty thing out into the air, and then to dig it out of the ground after falling from the second floor.  If it is truly empty, then just keep cutting until it is in small enough pieces to throw out the window.

MIght be fun to play with if I was a little closer to Boston.

I believe I could get it down the stairs.  I moved a gunsafe up a similar flight of stairs with a come along and an appliance dolly some years back.  I am sure I could get it open as well.  I am, however, of the opinion that the safe is probably empty or full of worthless crap.

19 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Seems like a job for Geraldo Rivera. 

He has the experience, for sure. But, and there is always that ugly but, we will never get that hour back 

that he spent telling us about Big Al Capone's safe. 

6 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

He has the experience, for sure. But, and there is always that ugly but, we will never get that hour back 

that he spent telling us about Big Al Capone's safe. 

I'm  a bit amazed and somewhat dismayed that any of you ever watched "Jerry Rivers".

24 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm  a bit amazed and somewhat dismayed that any of you ever watched "Jerry Rivers".

We was younger then. Back when there was a circus with a side show that came to town.

I believe “Jerry” spent a lot of time with the side shows. ‘Cept he never learned how to close the act so you’d come back another time.  

Archived