SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Montados SPF

MBFields

Beautiful pair done by Rod. They are smooooooth. Half cock, transfer bars removed, frIMG_20200929_074948504.thumb.jpg.db190c180a7ccf1e05f40eef5bc86202.jpgee spin pawl. Ruger slim gunfighter style grips. $1550 + shipping.

IMG_20200929_075018978.jpg

8 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Looks like their 357 Mag.

How can you tell? Is a Montado hammer higher or lower than a Bisley or super Blackhawk hammer?

1 minute ago, Sweet & Sassy Cindy said:

How can you tell? Is a Montado hammer higher or lower than a Bisley or super Blackhawk hammer?

I enlarged the top picture and it says 357 Mag. on the frame. Real clear on the second gun, a little blurry on the first.

Right click on the pic and then click "view image", then click once and it will enlarge a little bit. Use back button to get back to the thread.

I'm not positive but I believe the Montado hammer is the same height as the Blackhawk. Others will know for sure.

25 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I enlarged the top picture and it says 357 Mag. on the frame. Real clear on the second gun, a little blurry on the first.

Right click on the pic and then click "view image", then click once and it will enlarge a little bit. Use back button to get back to the thread.

I'm not positive but I believe the Montado hammer is the same height as the Blackhawk. Others will know for sure.

Montado hammers are the same height as a SBH hammer, but checkered instead of grooved.

Montado hammers are the same height as Super Blackhawk hammers , the just have a different checkering design on the spur.

Rex :D

To add: To call these sixguns "Montados" is a bit of a stretch , the actual Montados were 45 cal , were originally marketed for the Mounted shooters.

I know , nitpicking , but it's been slow here. :lol:

8 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Montado hammers are the same height as Super Blackhawk hammers , the just have a different checkering design on the spur.

Rex :D

To add: To call these sixguns "Montados" is a bit of a stretch , the actual Montados were 45 cal , were originally marketed for the Mounted shooters.

I know , nitpicking , but it's been slow here. :lol:

BS.  https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product/Details/11340266

My .357 Montados even had grooved grip frames which SASS declared illegal years ago.  I had to switch them for plain frames.

DSC_0088.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived