SASS Wire Forum

Vintage photos

DeaconKC

Well I discovered several other forumites are train fans as well. Today I dug out an old book by George Abdill  'This was railroading" . About 10% of the pictures in there show people from towns and traveling during the 1850s through the turn of the 19th Century. Now while it is certainly railroad employee, traveler and townsfolk biased, it was interesting how many Derbys, Homburgs and cloth caps there were. One very neat picture was taken in front of a Harvey House with one gent wearing his holstered revolver. The Harvey Houses required a coat and tie, but obviously were not worried about being well heeled.

6 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Well I discovered several other forumites are train fans as well. Today I dug out an old book by George Abdill  'This was railroading" . About 10% of the pictures in there show people from towns and traveling during the 1850s through the turn of the 19th Century. Now while it is certainly railroad employee, traveler and townsfolk biased, it was interesting how many Derbys, Homburgs and cloth caps there were. One very neat picture was taken in front of a Harvey House with one gent wearing his holstered revolver. The Harvey Houses required a coat and tie, but obviously were not worried about being well heeled.

What area of 5he country?

8 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

needPics.gif

I will try to get the scanner to work. Wish me luck!

That's what we want to hear!!

Good luck with the scanner!

I’m in.

My maternal grandfather and his brother earned some overtime on the crew that cleared this wreck on the D&RGW at Granite, Colorado, in the Arkansas River canyon near Salida in 1926.  The photo is above my reloading table, as well as online.

C3887D06-B1BD-4A31-A10F-CD0592FABC3C.jpeg.877b4f2e5857fa2418f12ddcddc47fbe.jpeg

12 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

That's what we want to hear!!

Good luck with the scanner!

I cannot get this new scanner to work, I have been trying to at least get a pic with the phone, but that is turning out about as well as Rosie Odonell in Daisy Dukes.

Now there is a picture I would require eye bleach after seeing!

Archived