SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee State Match Attendees

Green Valley Cowboy

Howdy ya'll!

I will be out in Tennessee next week to attend the state match out there and was wondering if anyone would happen to have a spare gun cart that they might be willing to loan me? Being I will be flying into the state don't think my current set up will travel all that well. 

Also if any locals have any "must see" spots to visit or restaurants to try please let me know what you recommend.

Many thanks in advance! 

Regards, 

GVC  

I can't help you on the cart, and as for places to see, they are legion.  I've lived here over 25 years and haven't seen it all.

Bell Buckle Cafe is a great idea.  If you're into natural beauty, maybe a side trip to Fall Creek Falls.  It's the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi (yes, higher than Niagra).  If you're into city stuff, just go to downtown Nashville and walk around.  Tons of places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7k3NpfMNx8

:FlagAm: Well here you go.  Annie and Iare shooting the worker's match this coming weekend.  Our Rugged Gear cart is yours to use for next weekend.  Being from AZ, we are neighbors.

You can't miss us.  Just look for the icon of the Sonoran desert.

Chas B:D

1 hour ago, Scrub Oak Willie 53737 said:

Jack Daniels and George Dickels Distillery.

Willie

Jack Daniels tours have resumed, but Covid masks are required and reservations are recommended.

I don't know about Dickels.

Jack Daniel's and George Dickel are good suggestions along with Pritchards Distillery if you have the time.  You will spend about 1/2 a day at JD.  Another spot of interest very close to the range is the Blockade Runner.  It is a civil war reenactment store with true authentic reproductions.  It is a nice place to browse.  The Bell Buckle Cafe is an excellent suggestion.  Another good place is Miller's Grocery it is a cafe not a grocery store.  Millers is just up the rode from Bell Buckle.

21 hours ago, Green Valley Cowboy said:

Howdy ya'll!

I will be out in Tennessee next week to attend the state match out there and was wondering if anyone would happen to have a spare gun cart that they might be willing to loan me? Being I will be flying into the state don't think my current set up will travel all that well. 

Also if any locals have any "must see" spots to visit or restaurants to try please let me know what you recommend.

Many thanks in advance! 

Regards, 

GVC  

I'm on the disabled list but I'm sure I could get Tennessee Williams to stop by and pick up one for you to use.  I haven't read all the answers yet but you might want to see Jack Daniels while you're here.

Randy

We did the JD tour last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hoped to go to Dickel this year but they are only doing outdoor tastings on Fri, Sat, and Sun. I'm afraid we'll be a little busy on those days. Didn't know about Pritchard.

Archived