SASS Wire Forum

SPF Winchester Carty 1873 38/357 match rifle

Wild Walt. 92206

SPF Since COVID hit, I have not shot any cowboy matches.  I will probably be selling some of my items to finance a Palma rifle for high power range rifle shooting.  If I start shooting cowboy again, I have a Carty Marlin I can always use.

Not really interested in any trades unless you have a really good 223 Palma gun.

This is probably the ultimate match rifle for todays game.

It was originally a 24 inch Miroku rifle that I got off of Chili Pepper Pete.  Before I got it, he sent it to Carty for his classic action job.  Pete said that he only fired it in about 4 matches.  I got it and did not like the longer barrel, and sent it back to Carty and had him cut the barrel to 18 inches.  When he did that, I had him put the large bead front sight on it.   I have only shot about 200 rounds through it, and have never shot a match with it.   I never even put a stock cover on it.

It is the CCH version with the Grade "B" wood.  It is in super nice shape.  There is a small scratch on the left side.  It is not deep at all, and barely noticeable.   I tried to highlight it in one of the photo's.

I am asking $1900 for it, with additional shipping cost.  I will only ship insured if you purchase it, and that will not be cheap.  Also, make sure that your FFL will take shipment from a non-FFL holder.

I would much rather do a FTF deal in NE Indiana - Ft. Wayne - area.  That way you could inspect it and make sure that you are happy with it before purchase.  I also have the 6 inches of barrel that was cut off if you decided that you could use it for something.

With the Indiana State Championships this weekend, Ft. Wayne is only 1 hour east of there.  If you are attending that, you could pick it up and shoot it.

Please PM if interested, and I will get you my phone number and we can talk.  If you think the price is too high, feel free to PM an offer.

DSC02226.JPG

DSC02229.JPG

DSC02228.JPG

DSC02231.JPG

Archived