SASS Wire Forum

Bugged Out - UPDATE - We're Home!

Subdeacon Joe

Can't say it any better than everyone here already has!

watching the Local new in the SF bay area .

ZERO % containment 

50,000 plus have evacuation orders 1

1,000 plus homes burned ... that will be alot bigger when the fire it out 

7 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

Stay Safe, I know the feeling of looking out and seeing that glow, it aint fun.

Yeah.  Deja vu all over again.   Went through it in the Tubbs Fire in 2017, but not quite as close. Got help from your neck of the woods. 

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Any update,Joe?:(:blush:

The fire crews labored like super Stakanovites and seem, from what I can tell from the maps, to have checked it at Calistoga Road,  about 300 yards east of us.   Still waiting for the evac to be lifted.   Staying at my bosses place until then. 

IMG_20171104_20503312.jpg

Got y’all in our prayers!

5 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

That a date in the second picture?:blink::blush::blink:

It is.  The incoming seniors, I think the football team, from Maria Carrillo High School - see the photo in the OP - climb up the hill and cut the date in.  They had been changing the last digit, or in this case two digits, to their graduating year.  It's getting kind of muddled.

It looks like they were thinking about going vertical with it.

We took a short walk around the trailer park.  Looks like we didn't just dodge a bullet, but an 8" shell.  We have LOTS of trees around here considering it's a trailer park, both conifers of several types and oak trees along the creek.  Pretty safe assumption is that is one catches the place will go up.

Lots of ash, lots of scorched leaves, lots of charred leaves, lots of burned out bark. A few examples of ash on the ground, as well as scorched and charred leaves, and an incident map.

sept 30 brookwood 1.jpg

sept 30 map.jpg

sept 30 too close 1.jpg

sept 30 too close 4.jpg

sept 30 too close 5.jpg

Just saw the park manager and one of the landscaping and maintenance crew looking around and pointing at the trees next to us.  One, right next to the sidewalk, has been dying back for a year or so.  Guy had noticed it from the clubhouse roof.  Looks like they will be taking it out.  Sad to see it go, but also takes away a big concern.  

Archived