SASS Wire Forum

Is Columbo wrong this time?

Trigger Mike

I like to watch Columbo on Sunday night.   Last night a murder happened while he was on a cruise ship.  The initial suspect was found with a receipt for a British revolver.   Columbo was talking to someone about the crime and if it was planned or spontaneous.   Columbo said that since the gun was bought that it was planned because "people don't buy a gun unless they have a reason to".  I kinda think he might be wrong about that.

48 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I like to watch Columbo on Sunday night.   Last night a murder happened while he was on a cruise ship.  The initial suspect was found with a receipt for a British revolver.   Columbo was talking to someone about the crime and if it was planned or spontaneous.   Columbo said that since the gun was bought that it was planned because "people don't buy a gun unless they have a reason to".  I kinda think he might be wrong about that.

He also wanted another guy to fire the gun he said because, "I don't like guns and I can't shoot very well"!!!

I do agree though that people don't buy a gun unless they have a reason to buy a gun like for self protection, hunting and target shooting, that's enough reasons for me!!

5 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I agree with him. (That was one of my favorite shows.)

You give me the circumstances around a gun purchase and I'll give you a reason for their purchase.  Seriously, why would we buy something without a reason?

12 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

You give me the circumstances around a gun purchase and I'll give you a reason for their purchase.  Seriously, why would we buy something without a reason?

My safe is full of guns I bought without any valid reason other than I suddenly decided I couldn't continue to live without it.

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Seriously, why would we buy something without a reason?

When my wife comes home with something we don't need, I ask her why she bought it. Answer: "Because it was on sale."

Howdy,

INVESTMENT.

Best

CR

I have several worth a good bit more now.

And then there are the morons who sold their gold class rings

when gold went way up to 150.

I had the only class ring at one reunion.

Real gold blue stone. I liked it....still fits my little finger.

5 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Well, ya see, my gun cabinet is looking like a hockey player’s smile, there’s a gap.

13 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I agree! I just bought another Colt, the reasons are, I needed a second backup, it's great investment and well.....it's a Colt!

IMG_2246 (1).JPG

On 9/28/2020 at 12:47 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He also wanted another guy to fire the gun he said because, "I don't like guns and I can't shoot very well"!!!

I do agree though that people don't buy a gun unless they have a reason to buy a gun like for self protection, hunting and target shooting, that's enough reasons for me!!

Don't forget the 2 best reasons.  Because we can and to ensure the government continues working FOR us. 

22 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The other one I often see on TV is when somebody has a gun and the first thing the other person asks is "you have a permit for that?".  I guess the 60 to 70 million people in this country who own a gun without a permit are in some sort of trouble.

OC : libertarianmeme

Archived