SASS Wire Forum

Ruger please build...

DeaconKC

I would like Ruger to retain all the good features, and fix the few stinkers.

For starters, rectify that soft carrier that wears and causes timing and jam problems.
Gunner Gatlin and other smiths are apparently quite successful at fitting a flat of tool stool to correct the timing and stop the wear.

My sole Marlin is an 1894CB 357, made in 2019.03.
Fit and finish are flawless, and it hits where I aim it.

The 1894CB is the only one available (that I know of) in 44 magnum with the octagonal barrel.
I'm such a sucker for those barrels.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:35 AM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Bring back the 39A in some form.

They apparently did, only Custom Shop. I got sticker shock when I saw the  price. 

Go to the Marlin website. Apparently Ruger has updated it already. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

How about a pump action 22 gallery rifle?

As I understand the take over, Ruger purchased MARLIN from Remington. Remington's inventory was not included in the buy . 

Machinery, parts, tools and every thing that belonged to Marlin are now Ruger owned, and the Marlin name will still be marketed.

I am not aware of any .22 pumps made by Marlin in the past. I certainly am not an expert on Marlin's history. 

I believe Remington did make a pump in .22 Cal at one time very long ago, and I know that Winchester did also. 

That said, I believe the market for such a critter is not viable enough for a major gun maker to start up production in the current market.  However after looking at the MSRP prices on the Marlin's web site,  I am not certain all of the inventory will survive long given the current market situation, and pocket demand. 

Just my humble opinion. 

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

As I understand the take over, Ruger purchased MARLIN from Remington. Remington's inventory was not included in the buy . 

Machinery, parts, tools and every thing that belonged to Marlin are now Ruger owned, and the Marlin name will still be marketed.

I am not aware of any .22 pumps made by Marlin in the past. I certainly am not an expert on Marlin's history. 

I believe Remington did make a pump in .22 Cal at one time very long ago, and I know that Winchester did also. 

That said, I believe the market for such a critter is not viable enough for a major gun maker to start up production in the current market.  However after looking at the MSRP prices on the Marlin's web site,  I am not certain all of the inventory will survive long given the current market situation, and pocket demand. 

Just my humble opinion. 

I understand all of this, but the opening post simply asked what we’d like to see. If they could produce an accurate replica of a Hudson Hornet I’d be interested.

I thought this was going to be the Stoeger Coach Supreme, so I bought one.

When it died and broke the barrel lug after the 12th shell, I was fortunate enough to be first in line for Deuce's 1970s era Charles Daly 500.
It was fully slicked up (Lassister?), and came with 20" cylinder barrels.
The step up in quality from the Stoeger was an order of magnitude.

Hell will become exothermic before I ever consider another Made in Brazil gun.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:04 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Anyone else notice that QA at all American gun manufacturers took a nose dive about the time everyone adopted that farcical QA programs called ISO-9000?

My experience with ISO9000 was quite positive.  It forced us to eliminate redundancies, gaps and assumptions.  Having an outside party do semi-annual audits kept us honest.

1 hour ago, Tom Bullweed said:

My experience with ISO9000 was quite positive.  It forced us to eliminate redundancies, gaps and assumptions.  Having an outside party do semi-annual audits kept us honest.

Rare. 

10 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Ive often wondered if a 357 maximum lever rifle wouldnt be

a great little hunting rifle?

Best

CR

They call it the 350 Legend. Lol

8 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

When we got it, it cut down overall on our inspections because now the customers didn't insist on inspecting as often during the project. 

11 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

They call it the 350 Legend. Lol

Yeah, but leave to Winchester to &$@# up a great idea. .355 bullets in cases that almost match an elongated  .357 Magnum. Morons!

Archived