SASS Wire Forum

Rumors Galore

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

The big advantage the Model 60 has over the 10/22 is the fixed magazine for states or localities that want to ban any firearm capable of accepting magazines over 10 rounds.

Here in WA state both are considered assault rifles. The Marlin 60 doesn't get a pass for being tube-fed.

5 hours ago, DocWard said:

Nah... The gun guys and gals will never go for something that simple. Besides, how do you tell the difference between an original Marlin, a Remlin, and a Rumlin without a goofy nickname?

Easy. The Ruger-owned Marlins will come with a huge rollmark on the barrel reminding you to read the owners manual, wash behind your ears and eat your veggies.

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Maybe they'll start building decent guns again....but I'll wait and see before I buy anything.

The Marlins built in the last 2-3 years have been pretty decent. I haven’t heard any complaints from people that have bought them. I am talking 1894, 1895 and 336 models. 

14 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Easy. The Ruger-owned Marlins will come with a huge rollmark on the barrel reminding you to read the owners manual, wash behind your ears and eat your veggies.

You forgot lock your car and the front door. :lol:

4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And IF Ruger would start make'n their SxS again. You could have a SASS package deal with American made guns :FlagAm:

OLG 

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

And I would sell my children to buy it! :D

I had a Ruger SXS in my hands, had the money to buy it, but it was 12 ga and I wanted a 20. Thought they'd have a 20 out soon so I passed. Never seen another, not in person, not on an auction sight nowhere. 

43 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Here in WA state both are considered assault rifles. The Marlin 60 doesn't get a pass for being tube-fed.

Wow, just...wow. I did not that.

2 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Wow, just...wow. I did not know that.

Yup, California may lead the nation in asinine gun laws, but thanks to the language in WA's I-1639 law all semi-automatic rifles regardless of type, caliber or capacity are considered assault weapons. So if the antis pass an assault weapons ban next year they'll eliminate not just AK-47s but even that old 1940s Winchester .22 in your closet.

Outside of SASS the market for a SxS is almost non-existent and filled on the lower end by Stoeger & CZ, on the higher end by mostly Italian makers and at the "that costs more than my house!"  level by English makers.

I shoot skeet weekly and there are maybe 3 or 4 people who occasionally shoot a double, most of the time they shoot either a semi-auto or O/U. I am the only one who shoots a SxS on a regular basis.

I agree with Chantry.  I am the only one I EVER saw shoot a double at my trap range. That was my Browning, before I sold it. 

Maybe Ruger could clean up a few issues Marlin and Remington did not address. 

I am thinking the Marlin Jam issue, and Extractors in the Marlin 39A. 

18 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Yup, California may lead the nation in asinine gun laws, but thanks to the language in WA's I-1639 law all semi-automatic rifles regardless of type, caliber or capacity are considered assault weapons. So if the antis pass an assault weapons ban next year they'll eliminate not just AK-47s but even that old 1940s Winchester .22 in your closet.

Several of the federal proposals/revised proposals in recent years have wording to exclude fixed tube magazine rifles in .22 caliber.  One I read also excluded .17 caliber fixed tube, who makes one in a semiautomatic?

39 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I had a Ruger SXS in my hands, had the money to buy it, but it was 12 ga and I wanted a 20. Thought they'd have a 20 out soon so I passed. Never seen another, not in person, not on an auction sight nowhere. 

What was the price when Ruger made it?  Saw a Ruger Gold on an online auction site with bids over $3,000.

I think I'd just cry if I saw someone hacksaw the barrels off a Gold Label...   :huh:   :(

Ruger Gold Label 12ga SxS Shotgun

Okay....I've got three older J.M. Marlin's, to compare to the new ones that Ruger will build.

Let's all hope against hope that Ruger does it right, this time. 

I have two Ruger rifles that are not lever actions. They seem to be very high quality.  One is an older bolt action, in .220 Swift, and one is a Number 1 single shot, in 30-06.  If these Ruger rifles are any indication, I have great hopes that the Marlin's, made by Ruger, will be quality firearms.

W.K. 

"Sometimes the most important things in a man's life are the ones he talks about least." - Louis L'Amour - The Lonesome Gods

2 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Love it when they say "The Company will pay the $30 million purchase price from cash on hand at the time of closing...."  ^_^

A solvent organization!  :)

17 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Love it when they say "The Company will pay the $30 million purchase price from cash on hand at the time of closing...."  ^_^

A solvent organization!  :)

Ruger is good about that.  He presold his Standard pistols but didn’t cash any customer checks until they were ready to ship.

I am not accepting offers for my Marlin 1894 FG.

For those of you that don't speak Marlin, an 1894 FG be a .41 Mag.   It is a sweet little light rifle that it takes a forensic team to tell whether the visible wound resulting from a firing is from the front or back end.  A 260gr long nose flat point over about all the W296 you can get in a case satisfies most desires for recoil.

Archived