SASS Wire Forum

2021 Western Frontiersman Territorial

Tully Mars

Howdy All,

Break out your Cap and Ball pistols for the first ever Western Frontiersman Territorial!! Dates are April 23-25, 2021 the match will be held at the Folsom Shooting Center near Sacramento California, hosted by Diamond Dicks Cowboy Town and Gold Country Wild Bunch. Four stages per day, with one long stage each day that will require 4 pistols, shotgun, lever gun in pistol caliber and single shot rifle in pistol or rifle caliber. This match will be limited to 60 shooters. Please be familiar with shooting Cap and Ball revolvers.

Categories: Men's and Women's and Senior(65+) categories will offered.

Frontiersman

Frontiersman GF

Modern Frontiersman (Two handed shooting)

Sub Category: Shoot the category of your choice using an 1860 Henry for your main match rifle the entire match and receive a special award! 

Overall buckles will be awarded!

Side matches will be announced in time.

Free dry camping at the range and water is available. More details to follow. Please see attached flyer and contact me for information.

Stay at the range and shoot Arroyo Cantua the following weekend as well! Arroyo Cantua is the DDCT annual Cowboy Shoot!

Please see attached flier, application will follow shortly. Contact me with questions, my information is on the flier.

Tully Mars

2021 Frontierman Territorial save the date flyer 1.1.pdf

Hey Tully, this sounds fun! I tried to find some historic information on Arroyo Cantua, and it seems in 2019, it was the last full week of April. Is it safe to assume after the Western Frontiersman Territorial we'll be able to shoot Wild Bunch April 26-27 and then more CAS events April 28-May 2nd?

If so, a week full of caps, balls, 1911s, single-shots, and short-strokes makes that long drive a little shorter :) 

I'm also enticed by the mandatory Master Gunfighter-type stages, thanks to Jed I. Knight.

47 minutes ago, C.N. Double said:

Hey Tully, 

If so, a week full of caps, balls, 1911s, single-shots, and short-strokes makes that long drive a little shorter :) 

Hi C.N. Double,

To be honest, I hadn't thought about WB in the middle! As of now the California  state WB match is scheduled for May, 21-23, 2021. Arroyo Cantua is scheduled for April 29 through May 3rd, 2021.

I'll give it some consideration and discuss it with the DDCT, BoD.

Thanks, 

Tully 

14 hours ago, C.N. Double said:

Hey Tully, this sounds fun! I tried to find some historic information on Arroyo Cantua, and it seems in 2019, it was the last full week of April. Is it safe to assume after the Western Frontiersman Territorial we'll be able to shoot Wild Bunch April 26-27 and then more CAS events April 28-May 2nd?

C.N. Double,

We will not be moving the date of the California state WB match from May to April. I hope you'll consider coming for the Western Frontiersman Territorial, but I understand it's a long drive. Tully

3 hours ago, Tully Mars said:

We will not be moving the date of the California state WB match from May to April.

Thanks, Tully. It actually makes more sense to me to have the WB match as its own event and on a weekend so more folks can participate, but thanks for considering it. I certainly didn't expect you to change it -- I just didn't know it was already scheduled.

That opens up a couple of days between matches to visit The City or spend some time in the trees (if there are any left).

5 hours ago, C.N. Double said:

Thanks, Tully. It actually makes more sense to me to have the WB match as its own event and on a weekend so more folks can participate, but thanks for considering it. I certainly didn't expect you to change it -- I just didn't know it was already scheduled.

That opens up a couple of days between matches to visit The City or spend some time in the trees (if there are any left).

I sure hope there's plenty of forest left. Our club is at the base of the Sierras, Lake Tahoe and close to Nevada, hwy 88, 50 and my favorite hwy 4 are  near by. If you would like information on a quick trip while you're in the area let me know.

Tully

11 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

In the past what has the weather been like???? You know like rain or snow or just downright cold and freeze bunnys off.....

Texas Lizard

Typically it's a nice time of the year, however rain is always a consideration in April. No snow and it shouldn't be cold. 

Tully

I'm wanting to shoot frontiersman when I get into this, so any videos of the competition would be very appreciated.  My oxen don't want to drag the Conestoga all the way to California so we'll have to wait for the ponytube express to bring word.

15 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

Frontiersman Gunfighter, and throwing the Trapdoor in, sounds like a lot of fun.

On the calendar.

Happy trails,

Lightfoot

It will be great to have you Lightfoot! Tully

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Any changes???? Match still on....No state problems at this time????

Texas Lizard

Match is still on, we have lots of interest and the application will be out soon. More information will start coming out in December. The upcoming California State Wild Bunch Championship Nov 21 & 22 has my attention at this moment.

There are no current issues with holding matches of this size.

Tully

Archived