SASS Wire Forum

Milestones

Abilene, SASS # 27489

congrats!

Wish I had kept track of mine over the years! 

Let's see 23 years at maybe 4 shoots a month for 7 months of the year...............Yikes I should be a lot better!!!:lol:

I guess I shoulda kept up with mine, but it just never seemed important enough to me. But let's see. I started in 1998, about March. I didn't really hit my stride until maybe 2000. By then I was shooting just about every weekend, Saturday and Sunday. So that would be 104 available per year, lets lose a few for weather, sickness, holidays, whatever. We'll call it 75 per year, until 2015. So 15 years times 75 is 1125. Oh the money and time that has gone under the bridge! It was a great ride, met some wonderful people. And yes, a few a%%holes, but very few.

But wait, this thread was about Abilene's milestone, not my reminiscing. I'll say that I have had the pleasure of shooting with you many times over the years. I posse'd with a few times, far too few.:( I heard you play your bugle at opening ceremonies a few times, far too many.:o It's been a pleasure to know you, to talk with you, and to be around you. Good luck and hope you hit 1000 in a shorter time frame.

1 hour ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

... Good luck and hope you hit 1000 in a shorter time frame.

In 2001 I shot 53 matches, at my peak.  But employment changed to mostly weekend and travelling so that dropped it considerably. I averaged 15 a year for quite a while.  Now that I am back to weekends free it is every weekend again, so perhaps I can hit 1000 before I reach El Patron. :)

Lots of folks have shot huge numbers but don't keep track.   I started a spreadsheet when I began shooting in '98 that has full records.   

Goody, I have always enjoyed your sense of humor!

500! Congrats! :D

3 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

In 2001 I shot 53 matches, at my peak.  But employment changed to mostly weekend and travelling so that dropped it considerably. I averaged 15 a year for quite a while.  Now that I am back to weekends free it is every weekend again, so perhaps I can hit 1000 before I reach El Patron. :)

Lots of folks have shot huge numbers but don't keep track.   I started a spreadsheet when I began shooting in '98 that has full records.   

Goody, I have always enjoyed your sense of humor!

Congratulations.  Did you keep track of how many rounds you fired?

18 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Congratulations.  Did you keep track of how many rounds you fired?

Well, yes.  But as I look at the spreadsheet, something doesn't add up.  It says I've shot 76,445 rounds and reloaded 74,666.  I don't reload 9mm or .22LR or 12ga smokeless, and there is the factory ammo I shot before I started reloading, so the number shot seems too low.  I know some folks that practice a lot will shoot that many in just a few years!

Archived