SASS Wire Forum

Christmas

Ace_of_Hearts

I am not a big Thanksgiving/Christmas person. I am especially not looking forward to having more holidays where everything is closed. It hasn't been a good year. Business is near zero and the holidays aren't going to make it any better. 

With that as a preface.

Every store I go into is jammed with Christmas decorations for sale....... 

It isn't even October yet!

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

I am not a big Thanksgiving/Christmas person. I am especially not looking forward to having more holidays where everything is closed. It hasn't been a good year. Business is near zero and the holidays aren't going to make it any better. 

With that as a preface.

Every store I go into is jammed with Christmas decorations for sale....... 

It isn't even October yet!

Yup.

I was shocked yesterday when I walked into Lowes and their overwhelming display of Christmas decorations.  Dang... it's still almost six weeks 'til Halloween!!   :blink:

Reminiscing about my early childhood... Christmas decorations would magically become available the day after Thanksgiving.  

I too hope things start to look up for you, Ace.

8 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

it do be kinda tough to get light that go with blue steel 

CB B)

Stainless.  Nickel.  ;)

Nice contrast.   :)

On 9/26/2020 at 1:00 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Uhhhh... Nothing like completely throwing out the meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas... Well done<_<

Indeed.   If folks would consider the meanings of this special time of year, they wouldn't feel so depressed, bored, etc.....

Merry Christmas, ACE!

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

883E911F-3246-49BE-8F09-BEFB28DAA6A2.jpeg.7ece235ef221af12076adc373c517927.jpeg

Close, Pat... 'cept kids don't talk on the phone - they text~!  :)

On 9/25/2020 at 10:00 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Uhhhh... Nothing like completely throwing out the meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas... Well done<_<

Here in California....I wonder if they will try to cancel them out....For safety reasons.....Just a thought...

Texas Lizard

41 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Here in California....I wonder if they will try to cancel them out....For safety reasons.....Just a thought...

Texas Lizard

I don't think the issue is confined to California...

They are desperate to get business going again and Christmas is the best time of the year for most stores.  Add to it that people are trying their best to cancel halloween this year and it's no surprise that they didn't stock up on halloween stuff.  My local grocery store has a huge halloween candy display though, so I'm not really seeing the early Christmas stuff in local stores. 

I wish I could find the flyer I saw last week that announced the 2020 halloween protest.  Since trick or treating had been canceled, instead they were having a neighborhood protest march.  Everyone is encouraged to come out Halloween night wearing masks and costumes.  Knock on the doors of people who have their lights on to protest and they will show support by giving you some candy.  Bring the kids too. 

Archived