SASS Wire Forum

Moose, WY

Snake River Clay

The post office has a sheet of stamps with rivers. I bought it for the Snake River stamp.

I looked at a map of the Snake River to find a town near it. I found Moose Wyoming. 

I wrote myself an envelope addressed to my alias, put the Snake River stamp on it and put it in an envelope and sent it to the postmaster of Moose. 

I asked them to post mark it and send it back. It came back today. 

4 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Never been to Moose, WY, but I've been to Goose (Newfoundland). You don't want to pick up anything off of the ground there... :lol:

I was stationed at Moose Jaw, SK for five years.  Just as an aside:  Moose Jaw, SK was where Art Linkletter of "Kids say the darnedest things" fame was born.  When I was there  during 1975-80 the front part of his house was  a barber shop.

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

If it was mailed in Moose Wyoming, how come above the red Moose postmark it says Salt Lake City Utah?

USPS uses automated machinery to sort and route all mail. Even though it was hand cancelled it went through the Salt Lake City Sectional Center Facility. Their automated machines put their cancellation stamp on the letter as well as the bar code along the bottom to facilitate automated routing.

Archived