SASS Wire Forum

Sad News: Bad Eye Bob

Slow Mo Dern

Sad News: Bad Eye Bob.

I have sad news; Bad Eye Bob has passed away.

Blue Eyed Bob emailed me Thursday with the news.

Word has it that he passed away on Tuesday September 22, 2020.

Bad Eye Bob was cowboy shooting at Brookfield when I started in SASS over 10 years ago.  He shot at Brookfield, Wild West Point, Niles, and probably Salem, North Jackson, and maybe Tusco.

He always put the Brookfield CAS announcements on the SASS Wire twice a month. I started posting them when he could no longer do it because of his health.

He was a nice person, always fun to be around, and he used to bring his grandkids to cowboy shoot with him at Brookfield.

He was famous for shooting Rugers, an 1894 Marlin chambered in 44 Russian, was an expert with JB Weld and a Dremel tool, and could speak a special dialect of his own invention fluently.

He stopped cowboy shooting years ago because of health reasons but was active in the Western Reserve Fish and Game Club in Niles, Ohio until he relocated to Kentucky.

He will be missed; he was a good man and a good friend.  Salute, Bob, rest in peace.

Mo

That is sad to hear.

I always enjoyed shooting with him.

He will be missed.

RIP Bob

--Dawg

Got to shoot with him several times. Great guy and great to be around. He would bring his grandkids to shoot. RIP Bob.

Archived