SASS Wire Forum

Manriki gusari

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Anyone ever use one?

For what? :lol:

I made one when I was in Okinawa.  An old man had a class at the base library every Tuesday night and I joined up to learn how to use Ninja weapons.  He made us make the one of our choice and a weighted chain was easiest.

I practiced under his watchful eye and great supervision, but once I left the Army I never worked with it again.

I just ordered one 32" long and figured I'd try to get some of the skills back and fit in some exercise at the same time. FWIT, you start out practicing with a soft knotted rope until you get to where you won't hurt or kill yourself with it.  Had one SA in Okinawa who got a medical discharge when he used his metal one and busted his whole face in.

I won't do that.  It's not that I'm all that much smarter, it's just that I don't like pain because pain hurts.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I made one when I was in Okinawa.  An old man had a class at the base library every Tuesday night and I joined up to learn how to use Ninja weapons.  He made us make the one of our choice and a weighted chain was easiest.

I practiced under his watchful eye and great supervision, but once I left the Army I never worked with it again.

I just ordered one 32" long and figured I'd try to get some of the skills back and fit in some exercise at the same time. FWIT, you start out practicing with a soft knotted rope until you get to where you won't hurt or kill yourself with it.  Had one SA in Okinawa who got a medical discharge when he used his metal one and busted his whole face in.

I won't do that.  It's not that I'm all that much smarter, it's just that I don't like pain because pain hurts.

You’ll put your eye out. How about you just practice doing Bruce Lee noises.

or Tai Chi ........slowly. ;)

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You’ll put your eye out. How about you just practice doing Bruce Lee noises.

or Tai Chi ........slowly. ;)

Or watch kung fu movies on DVD.  :P

You know what they say: if at first you don't succeed give it up. 

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you."

• 2 weeks later...

I had a set of oak Nunchuks years ago when I was 14 years old.. I hit myself in the Cajones once...Once!

I actually knocked myself outa few days later. :rolleyes:

Oak Nunchuks burn really well...

I wouldn't even fool with those things forty Rod. I would probably end up in a cast....again...

Archived