SASS Wire Forum

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

Look at this picture of what Yul Lose just posted in the thread I started Sunday called "Cowboy Town in Louisiana Destroyed by Hurricane Laura"!

In his post he said "If any of you are interested PM me or Hellbender or see us at a match. Every dime goes to the club to rebuild."

You don't want to miss out on a chance to win a Yul Lose cart for only 10 bucks!

Hellbender

ticket.png

18 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Heckuva deal!  Yul Lose is a pard of the finest sort!

That's for sure!

9 minutes ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Awesome.  I am ready to buy tickets.  What do I do?

PM him or me.

So if I win, is the cart going to be in San Diego or Louisiana?

11 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

So if I win, is the cart going to be in San Diego or Louisiana?

Howdy Springfield Slim,

The cart will not be in Louisiana so I suppose it will be in San Diego with Yul.  We are only having the drawing in Louisiana.

As beautiful work as Yul Lose does, it would be worth shipping!

How to buy raffle tickets from me (Hellbender):

Several folks have PM'd me about raffle tickets and I gave several options to choose from on how to go about doing it.  After thinking more about it, I think the best way to do this is as follows:

1. Send either a check to our Treasurer (Sparky Gal, 503 Moss St., Lake Charles, LA) or send money to me through PayPal (flyingfrog2015@gmail.com) for the total number of tickets you want to buy at $10 each.

2. Whichever method you use to send the gold, please indicate your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number and make a notation that the money is for raffle tickets.

3. I will fill out the stub(s) with your information, detach them from the other part of the ticket, which I will either save for you or mail to you (your choice), take a photo of the stub(s) and email you that photo,  and then I will add the stub(s) to the others for the drawing.

Please PM me if you have any questions or would like to do this some other way.

Thanks for helping us out, and don't forget we are soliciting regular donations also.

Hellbender

I could drive to San Diego in a weekend, but not Louisiana. So I'm in for a few tickets.

51 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I could drive to San Diego in a weekend, but not Louisiana. So I'm in for a few tickets.

Sounds good to me.  Thanks!  But I'm just assuming the gun cart will be in San Diego - Please check with Yul.  I know for a fact it won't be in Louisiana.

Hellbender

It isn’t built yet. Like the ticket says, you get it pretty much your way.

16 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Hellbender, I hate to complain, but that ticket kinda hurts my eyes trying to read it.:)  Any chance of a little bigger or sharper image?  Gracias

Yes, it is pretty small.  That's from the photo Yul posted.  When I get the tickets from him I'll take a photo to post that will be huge.  See how this works - I downloaded it, enlarged it on my screen, and then took a screen shot.  Might be easier to read than the smaller image.

ticket.png

1 minute ago, Hellbender said:

Yes, it is pretty small.  That's from the photo Yul posted.  When I get the tickets from him I'll take a photo to post that will be huge.  See how this works - I downloaded it, enlarged it on my screen, and then took a screen shot.  Might be easier to read than the smaller image.

ticket.png

Here's what it says: This drawing is for a custom build Cowboy Action Gun Cart.  The winner will have their choice of one of these carts that Yul builds.  the Express model (open upper cabinet), the Stagecoach model (long guns load from the back of the cabinet), the Gambler (two front doors on upper cabinet).  Wood species are up to the winner and limited to black walnut and lesser grades of hardwood.  The winner will receive Yul's choice of wheels on this cart as well as leather seat cover color choice.  Slight design changes are available within reason (Yul's reason).  Custom leather work and medallions are not included and if winner desires these (items?) they will also be an additional cost to the winner.  the winning ticket will be drawn at the January 9, 2021at the Up the Creek Gang Club Match and the winner does not have to be present to win.  ALL raffle proceeds go to the Up the Creek Gang in Lake Charles, Louisiana.  They lost their range to the recent hurricane.  Transportation of the finished gun cart is solely the responsibility of the winner.  Only 300 tickets will be sold.  Donation $10.00.  Suggested Guncart value $2,500.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:41 PM, Jefro, SASS#69420 said:

Wow:o, the best chance I'll ever have of getting one of his pieces of furniture.;) Good Luck:) 

Last time I bought like half the tickets in the auction.  And I was still surprised when I won. 

On 9/25/2020 at 5:28 PM, DeaconKC said:

As beautiful work as Yul Lose does, it would be worth shipping!

Funny thing is, I couldn't get a guesstimate out of yul for shipping costs when we were talking about mine.  I got the impression that they had all been delivered either in person or via cowboy express so far. 

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Last time I bought like half the tickets in the auction.  And I was still surprised when I won. 

Funny thing is, I couldn't get a guesstimate out of yul for shipping costs when we were talking about mine.  I got the impression that they had all been delivered either in person or via cowboy express so far. 

I’ll probably deliver this one to EOT 2021 if someone wins it that will be there or hand it off via cowboy express. 

There is not anyone who has donated more to the game than Yul, a fine man and master craftsman, whoever wins it will be astonished at a fine piece of art!

Thanks Yul for you generosity!

CoJack

On 9/25/2020 at 7:24 PM, Hellbender said:

How to buy raffle tickets from me (Hellbender):

Several folks have PM'd me about raffle tickets and I gave several options to choose from on how to go about doing it.  After thinking more about it, I think the best way to do this is as follows:

1. Send either a check to our Treasurer (Sparky Gal, 503 Moss St., Lake Charles, LA) or send money to me through PayPal (flyingfrog2015@gmail.com) for the total number of tickets you want to buy at $10 each.

2. Whichever method you use to send the gold, please indicate your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number and make a notation that the money is for raffle tickets.

3. I will fill out the stub(s) with your information, detach them from the other part of the ticket, which I will either save for you or mail to you (your choice), take a photo of the stub(s) and email you that photo,  and then I will add the stub(s) to the others for the drawing.

Please PM me if you have any questions or would like to do this some other way.

Thanks for helping us out, and don't forget we are soliciting regular donations also.

Hellbender

Darn - I see I left out Sparky Gal's zip code - if you're mailing checks it's 70605.  Sorry about that! :blink:

Hellbender

Archived