SASS Wire Forum

Personalized license plates

DeaconKC

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been meaning to get a Special Forces license plate with my old A team number. Just never got around to doing the paperwork.

23 minutes ago, watab kid said:

lot of friends do - ill not list them , i do not , refuse to pay any extra taxes in this state of ten thousand of them , 

Well, at least in this instance you can see a result. :P

49 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

I do not have a vanity plate.  However, i've been approached, several times, by people asking what the numbers mean.

20200926_083844.jpg

Just tell them Car 54 was not the first and this one is not the last. :P

Back in the day when I was skydiving my license plate was SKYDYV

2 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Just tell them Car 54 was not the first and this one is not the last. :P

MIne is EGO 876. KInda embarrassing. Or is it fitting? Hmmm..

On 9/25/2020 at 12:26 AM, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I chose not to have a vanity license. This would compromise my visits to my mistress, the Countess of Monte Cristo, as the car might be identified outside her shabby but genteel apartment. As an emigre', she is in reduced financial circumstances, but her nobility is unaffected. It might be compromised by her entanglement with a commoner, wealthy and handsome though he might be.

Plus, someone might report it to my wife. 

I won’t what he’s having...

8 minutes ago, Gracos Kid said:

1978 Datsun 280Z Black PearlIMG_0022.thumb.JPG.a7532175401215f98b48833ba57eaa74.JPG

That is just gorgeous!

19 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

The Unique part of my  plate is I drive a Hyundai iload... so AMMO45  fits right in !!

001.JPG

PM:

I'll bet that slow moving cars get out of your way when you pull up behind them with that bumper......

LL

Went to the keys with the wife and the way back we stop for soda and in the parking lot a  Miata convertible with a tag

Less Gov

just after reading twice the owner came out I said great tag, both laugh and gave the thumb up.

14 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

PM:

I'll bet that slow moving cars get out of your way when you pull up behind them with that bumper......

LL

LL....When you hit a Kangaroo it throws them over the roof..you don't  want to be the car behind.

Bullbars are very common down-under, most trucks have them.

NOS? Is that  nitrous or new old stock?

On 9/25/2020 at 4:03 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’ve been meaning to get a Special Forces license plate with my old A team number. Just never got around to doing the paperwork.

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

Never do tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

Never do anything ever that you can find someone else to do for you.

I could have black belts in procrastination and laziness, but you know................

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

I have a pair of them

P1010020.JPG  P1010021.JPG

BB 10 ZR makes no sense to me.

The other one - 3 Purple Hearts  for a hull tech chief petty officer?

I'm a 100% rated Disabled Vietnam Veteran. My Calif Plates are FREE and surprised me when I got them.

16972 DV. I thought the 1 was me, I was in the USMC from '69 to '72 and the DV is disabled vet. How cool.

No need to pay for Plates and these are very easy to remember. I've had them on 3 Chevy Trucks now.

Big Jake 1001

Chevy truck pick-up.jpg

4 hours ago, Big Jake1001 said:

I'm a 100% rated Disabled Vietnam Veteran. My Calif Plates are FREE and surprised me when I got them.

16972 DV. I thought the 1 was me, I was in the USMC from '69 to '72 and the DV is disabled vet. How cool.

No need to pay for Plates and these are very easy to remember. I've had them on 3 Chevy Trucks now.

Big Jake 1001

It's interesting how each state handles plates/taxes for disabled vets service connected. I think Arizona you have to be 100% where as here in Missouri the rating does not matter. Even someone at 10% is entitled. Is California only 100% rated to obtain the plate and no charges?

Heres a couple I've had over the years.

Top one I figure is obvious. Second one is my last name. (Flanagan) Third one was on an olive green Ford Expedition in honor of Chevy Chase's wagon in Family Vacation.

IMG_20200930_110930871.jpg

You might have to be from North Carolina & understand the rivalry between the University of North Carolina and North Carolina State University, but my favorite EVER I saw in the dropoff line at Durham School of the Arts in Durham, NC (home to Duke University):  U NCSU X.

Archived